Where can I get a Certified Copy made of my Passport

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Poo
Rookie
Rookie

Where can I get a Certified Copy made of my Passport

Post by Poo »

I need a certified copy of my passport as part of the paper work for selling a house in Cape Town. Can anyone advise where I would go in Hua Hin to get this done .

Thanks
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Where can I get a Certified Copy made of my Passport

Post by Homer »

Don't know about your country, but in mine "certified" is often defined by whomever is asking for the certification, or by their industry standards. Any request for a certified copy by a US financial institution I've received said a US embassy could inspect the original and the copy then notarize my signature on a form stating it was a true copy.
Poo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Poo »

Homer thanks for the reply. It is a government requirement for the Financial Intelligence Control Act.In South Africa you can certify a document at any police station. So I checked out the whomever definition as you suggested and found the information below , so tomorrow I will try a police station first and if no luck then see if I can find a notary , etc.

You can have copies of original documents certified at any police station, at any time.
The certification of copies is done free of charge.
You must provide your own copies. The police station’s resources such as photocopy machines and paper, are not for use by the public.
You must provide the original documents when requesting to have copies certified. Copies will not be certified if the original documents are not produced for verification.
Please be patient. Remember that the police station has certain priorities to deal with, and it might take a while before they can attend to you.
Alternatively, you can have copies certified at the following places:
Lawyers or notary public (who are members of a recognised professional body)
Actuaries or accountants (who are members of a recognised professional body)
Members of the judiciary
Directors, managers or company secretaries of a bank or regulated financial services business.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Kunnavut Law Office, 114/26 Phetkasem Road, Hua Hin, opposite Ayutha Bank.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Poo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Poo »

Thanks to everyone for the replies. While I was at the Immigration Office this morning I asked the officer if he could certify a copy of my passport , which he did , the cost was 500 Baht.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

But immigration officer is not in your list of acceptable verifiers is it?
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Poo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Poo »

The police were acceptable so I am hoping that the Thai Immigration Police are also .