Yellow book, blue book

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Re: Yellow book, blue book

Post by JimmyGreaves »

buksida wrote:Just gone through this process and finally have my yellow book, they also issue you with a Thai ID card now which should alleviate the need to carry your passport around.

Full report on process here: http://bangsaphanguide.com/forum/viewto ... f=1&t=1347
Bangsaphan sounds much easier than HH where they send you to Bangkok embassy and the MFA in Laksi. Cha-Am on the other hand my friend walked in and walked out with his in an hour.

Thought I'd mentioned this before within this thread - by JimmyGreaves » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:31 am :D
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think that's the point of buksida's post. The process seems to have got easier. I will check it out, probably next week or the week after, and report back. I will drop it immediately if they say I have to go anywhere near Bangkok though.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Yellow book, blue book

Post by hhinner »

When I applied for my ID card in Hua Hin they first said that they couldn't do it. However if you phone 1548 (BORA) first to satisfy yourself about the procedure (they do have English speakers) or get your wife to do it, you can then ask the folks at Hua Hin Tessaban to call 1548 if they don't know the procedure. Given the large numbers of farangs resident in Hua Hin they're probably already aware of the process. In the unlikely event that they tell you they can't do it you should call 1548 again and they will put the local officials right. If the tessaban officials know that you know the correct procedure they'll be very helpful (at least they were for me). You'll probably need 2 or 3 visits like Buksida.

The official process for the yellow tabien ban is laid out on this government website in Thai of course.

Hope this helps.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Went to Hua Hin Tessaban to get this new ID card.
Brought my passport and my yellow book + marriage certificate.
No problem at all, in and out in 15 minutes with the pink iD card in hand.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've started the process today, and I can confirm obtaining a Yellow Book is not as easy in Hua Hin as buksi found the process in Bang Saphan.

To help those that have shied away from this task (like me), I will see it through. I will start a 'locked' 'sticky' thread later today, detailing chronologically the hoops I have to jump through, and there are several. I will keep the thread locked for continuity, and report it as it is. Any comment/questions can be answered on this thread.

Points 41; Position 18
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

buksida wrote:Just gone through this process and finally have my yellow book, they also issue you with a Thai ID card now which should alleviate the need to carry your passport around.

Full report on process here: http://bangsaphanguide.com/forum/viewto ... f=1&t=1347
I already have the Yellow Book for our villa and have had for several years now, so does anyone know how I can go about getting a Thai ID card also, as my book was obviously issued before they started handing out the ID cards with the book, or if it is even possible to get one considering we don't yet reside in HH full-time? :cheers:

Edit: Please ignore, I got twisted up with my post and missed the postings above :oops: :oops:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Big Boy wrote:I think that's the point of buksida's post. The process seems to have got easier. I will check it out, probably next week or the week after, and report back. I will drop it immediately if they say I have to go anywhere near Bangkok though.
I admire a man who keeps his word :D - http://huahinforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=32552
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:laugh: Well spotted James :oops:

Seriously, if was just the Yellow Book I wouldn't have bothered - especially as it involves going to the living hell they call Bangkok. However, the thought of an ID Card did have some appeal, so I decided a change of mind was appropriate :wink:

Points 41; Position 18
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Look forward to reading about your trip BB. I remember something about having to get to the embassy early so you can get the doc before lunch before you head to MFA before it closes at 4. Not sure as it was a while back now. Best of luck anyway and I hope it all goes smoothly.

Will head down to the Tessabahn one of these days to get the ID based on the yellow book, maybe......

Take care.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Fortunately, you can pre-book a 15 minute slot at the British Embassy online, so we should be out of there by 10 (fingers crossed). The appointment system for passports a few weeks ago was spot on, so I'm very hopeful.

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy: can you please elaborate on the translation shop? Can they do the lot, including the MFA requirement. Where is the shop? Is it in the building opposite the UK Embassy? Thanks very much.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'd already done the British Embassy bit, so not sure about that. Basically, we walked back down Wireless Road,, road bridge across Sukhumvit, up Sukhumvit a few yards and on the right there was a soi with a load of translation shops.

We used the first one on the right, Express Translation Service. The lady who will do the running around is called Miss Yanakon Sae Lee (Ple) 089 0616466.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I should add that the lady at the embassy did say that I could have use a courier service, although she was referring to the Hua Hin to Bangkok bit.

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Ok, thanks. Actually the main road there is Phloenchit, and I guess you walked back to the left or east, after crossing the footbridge? The small Soi must be right under Phloenchit BTS station?

There is some very interesting reading on that other forum about this matter. Like everything else here, each Amphur seems to have its own interpretation of what is required, some easy, some not worth the effort.

There is even one post on there where the Farang mentioned it to his Thai wife, whom responded with: "I will get you one". She came home the next day with it, if he is to be believed!

I have never bothered to get one, or ask what the local Amphur requires, but with the introduction of a plastic ID card,
it may well be worthwhile.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

You're right, we had gone past Sukhumvit 1 to get to the Wireless Road turn. Not knowing East or West, we went slightly back towards Sukhumvit.

Points 41; Position 18