Immigration to introduce 90 day reporting online

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Re: Immigration to introduce 90 day reporting online

Post by robcar »

Did mine yesterday morning (Tuesday) around 11am, no problems at all.
Approval notified by email this afternoon at 15.44.

Much better than a trip to Soi 35. :)
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Post by Felipesed1 »

Ditto. Did mine this morning and received email of approval this afternoon.
Only problem is that one has to use Internet Explorer, unavailable on iMac, so had to use my old laptop with Windows.
Hopefully Immigration will soon find people able to write fully compliant HTML code!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

For the first time I've successfully done my 90 day report on line. Sent it last Thursday - got confirmation today (via e.mail). I couldn't print out the next visit bit, but I could print out the application with an APPROVED stamp at the top. so that'll have to do. I'll be doing the next one on line before I see them again, so hopefully I can get the right thing printed.

Yes, you do need Internet Explorer, and you need to type everything in CAPS. For nationality, start typing BR.. then you'll get a dropdown menu. Pick British from that (which also has it in Thai).

Good luck folks,
VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

I don't even bother printing mine out now, I just save it to my hard drive, if I needed to go to immigration for anything then I would otherwise in 90 days I replace it with the latest one.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Still cant get this effing thing to go past the "go to the immigration office in your area" error message.

:cuss: :banghead: ... another 3 hour drive ...
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Are you using g IE? Then; https://extranet.immigration.go.th

On the first page you have to scroll down to accept and tick the box to activate the accept button.

Mines not due, but I can open it doing the above.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yep, using IE, tried it about 20 times now, same goddamn message.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

buksida wrote:Yep, using IE, tried it about 20 times now, same goddamn message.
Error somewhere along the line. Always use the dropdowns is one tip.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
buksida

Post by buksida »

Done all of that, just tried again on an old laptop with IE8, exactly the same error. I cant see what can go wrong entering a few fields unless the site is overloaded and there is a queue and you have to time it perfectly to get through.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

buksi, it's a lottery. I've succeeded before, but I've failed more often. It won't be you, it's the system. The last time I tried it, I failed about 150 times before driving down to Immigration.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Well, I am the last person to make excuses for them, but I just tried it again and it opens instantly. :?
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes it opens instantly. AFAIK it always has. The problem comes when you get to the end of page 1. If you are lucky, you move to page 2, but the unlucky ones (probably more like unlucky dozens) get told to contact their Immigration Office.

[Edit] I used to test MOD software, and this was a common problem, especially with newbie programmers. The term back then was a 'Locking Problem'. Basically somebody has the form, and until they release it, nobody else can get in.

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

Correct, page one of the form opens fine:
shitbag.jpg
No matter what I put in there, what machine (PC, laptop, other laptop), provider (TOT, 3BB, True), OS (Win 7, Win 10, Linux), or browser (Chrome, Firefox, IE7, 8, 9, 10, Edge), I use (trust me I've attempted over a hundred times), it errors instantly the submit button is hit and tells me to go to the immigration office. I also tired with someone elses information for their 90 days which was also due and even had a go at 3am the other day to prove I'm not going insane ... which I just have now ...
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm telling you, it's a locking problem. It only takes one sick git to grab the page, and leave it that way by doing nothing else, and the rest of us are fcuk'd. I've experienced this basic error so many times when testing software. If a sick git does this, the only way around it is to kill (not literally, but you'd like to :D ) that user.

It was actually the way new programmers were taught, not realising that there might be more than one user trying to access the program at the same time. The solution is not to lock the document, but to allow a slight delay at the point you press the final send. That way, the record doesn't get locked, and the chances of multiple persons hitting the tit at exactly the same time are remote.

How many times when working within an application have you seen the message, 'this may take a few minutes', but it rarely does. These people have worked it out. The 'few minutes' are when a lot of people hit the tit at the same time, and it's clearing them one by one.

Points 41; Position 18
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Do immigration have to register you to use it? They told me a year or so ago 'your now registered'
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip