'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Re: 'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Post by pdm3547 »

musungu wrote:
hhfarang wrote:^All the pages in my passport are extensions save the one this year for the re-entry visa. Since I never travel and I got a new passport in 2005, it's only Thai stamps in there all "relevant to my extensions".
HHF
Are you saying that the photo needs to have a 'blue background' because in previous years and when I had my re-entry visa this year my photos had a white background?
I went to the Kodak shop on Petch Road and asked for "photographs for immigration". They did them on a blue background for me, and immigration took them without question.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

I did my annual extension this morning and they accepted my photo with a white background without question.

As a quick aside and because for some members it has become quite fashionable to "Thai Bash" in relation to their manners etc.

I arrived at the office at 8am determined to be one of the first in and out. There was one other gentleman ahead of me and we both sat outside enjoying the morning sunshine. By about 8.20 there were quite a few more farangs milling about and some of them drifted into the waiting room and foolishly attempted to get their queue ticket from the machine which had not yet been switched on. Suspecting the worst I moved into the waiting room and took a seat and YES indeed when the immigration guy went to switch on the ticket machine there was an unruly rush to be first in line. I then "politely" :cuss: informed these ignorant folk about the concept of decent good manners for the people who had arrived first. I managed to get number 1 for my extension and the Aussie? guy ahead of me did his 90 day report and then proceeded to shake my hand and thank me for standing up to the queue jumpers.

All my paperwork and copies were in order and I sat back down to wait for my passport to be returned.

IT WAS BRILLIANT TO WATCH THE NEXT 3 ATTEMPTED QUEUE JUMPERS GET TURNED AWAY FOR LACK OF ADEQUATE COPIES OF DOCUMENTS. THEY WERE SENT TO THE COPY SHOP AND TOLD TO REJOIN THE QUEUE WITH A NEW TICKET NUMBER.

AINT KARMA A BITCH!!!!!

My point being it's not only the Thais who have a "me me me" mentality and lack of basic good manners.

Rant over.... :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I agree with your sentiments Sateeb, however, I've never got a queue ticket for 90 day reporting at any of the offices over the last years, including this one. I do feel guilty having had my forms filled out for me outside and directed to a desk whilst lots of people are sat waiting. I can feel their eyes staring at me. 90 day reporting is a short formality and as such is dealt with in that way.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

hhfarang wrote:
1. One 4x6 cm photo (blue background)
2. One TM7 fully filled out at home before I went (write your phone number on the back of the form just below your signature. Even though there is not a space provided for this they will ask you to do it)
3. One copy of the ID page of my passport, and every other page (*see note below) that has any visas or stamps with my signature written at the bottom of every copied page.
4. One copy of the Departure Card that is stapled in my passport from my last entry into Thailand with my signature at the bottom of the page.
6. One copy of my house rental agreement with my signature at the bottom of the copied pages.
7. A hand drawn map showing where my rental house is located with my signature at the bottom of the page.
8. 1900 baht.
Extension of visa based on Child Support.

I'm assuming that to apply for an extension based in Child Support/Dependency I will need to supply the checklist above plus;

1. Child's birth certificate with my name on as the legal father - original and copy

2. Marriage certificate confirming marriage to the child's mother - original and copy

3. Letter from the bank confirming funds plus updated copies of my bank book

4. Photos of myself, mother and child

5. Photos of our place of residence here in Hua Hin

6. A duplicate copy of all the above - one set for HH the other to be sent to Bangkok

Any confirmation of this would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Post by Gérard »

A friend asked me to translate the requirement for his visa extension (married with a Thai lady) and maybe it will be useful for some people.

As I am French, corrections are welcome, either in Thai or English.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR VISA.JPG
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Only omission I can see is that you can qualify for the marriage extension by showing overseas income of 40K THB a month as evidenced by your Embassy.
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Post by Gérard »

lomuamart wrote:Only omission I can see is that you can qualify for the marriage extension by showing overseas income of 40K THB a month as evidenced by your Embassy.
Thank you for correcting, here is the new doc :
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR VISA (2).JPG
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

It was my understanding that if you wanted to use the Thai Marriage route then HH Immigration required the documentation a month earlier than expiry, because it needed to be processed in Bangkok - has this procedure changed so that one can just supply the documentation above in HH and get the extension straightaway?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Don't think the process has changed. But what you get is a 30 day "under consideration" stamp from HH that covers the time BKK take to make a decision - like a mini extension.
You return on the given date to get your full extension - at that stage another 11 months as you've already had one.
So, there's no need to apply 30 days early but with the amount of paperwork required, it would be sensible to apply early (within the usual 30 day window) in case Imm want something else.
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Post by Gérard »

As stated by Iomuamart, the process has not changed and a friend of mine, who is now in the 30 day "under consideration" received a phone call asking him to send better pictures of him and wife, because the former ones were not clear enough... My friend lives in Prachuap City and cannot renew his visa at Dan Singkhon, he has to go to Huahin.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Experienced a new one today while doing the annual renewal om my marriage visa. This is the fifth time I'm doing it, and all previous years I have documented the required 400k baht for 3 months in a thai bank account. This year the immigration officer told me that only two months are needed for renewal of marriage visa.

Always something new every year :roll: :roll: :roll:
YNWA
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

it all depends on who the officer is. there's one man, who sits at the seat to the left of the numbers machine, who thinks that it is his job to make everything difficult. even the other officers look at him when he gets too testy.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

HHF Are you saying that the photo needs to have a 'blue background' because in previous years and when I had my re-entry visa this year my photos had a white background?
Sorry, just saw this as it was posted about the time I moved and I was busier than a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest until recently.

Mine was always on a light blue background as over 10 years I always got it taken at the same "Kodak" shop on Phetkasem Rd. I told them what it was for and they always did it that way. I guess white works also.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

a tip? really? that's called a bribe. do you tip the petrol station attendant who puts petrol in your vehicle? how about the sales clerk in a store?
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

My wife and I have our "Retirement Visas" (O with permission to stay) until July 21, 2016. Same expiry with Multi Entry Visa. I arrived back into Thailand on March 18, 2016 and the "permission to stay was stamped the same date, July 21, 2016.
Question 1: Is that correct? I thought you got an additional year when you return the first time, or am I thinking of something else?
Question 2: My wife will be leaving early in June, before she reaches her "30 days prior to expiration date". And will not return until After July 21, 2016. How can we extend early? What do we do to protect from having to go through the whole process again?
Thank in advance.
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!