Recommend an offshore bank account

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Recommend an offshore bank account

Post by StevePIraq »

I know I gave the correct answers, I have them on my computer so I don't have to rely on memory. They even said my email address was wrong yet they had been emailing me regarding another issue.

Which Singapore bank would you recommend as I have looked at Standard and it seems you need to be a Singapore resident.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
johnjar
Guru
Guru

Post by johnjar »

Steve what you described being locked has happened to me one time several years ago, and was 2 months before I got back in, when you log in you are talking to a computer, and when you get blocked out because you made a mistake you a have to talk to another of banks human computer's, this time they have a script. If you cannot answer their question they will say you have failed period! That's it and your out :(

Regarding opening an account in Singapore is easy first you must specify you are a non resident and want an offshore account and that is it simple, regarding banks Standard, HSBC or any of the banks they all come under the same rules. Hope this helps...And Good luck.
Last edited by johnjar on Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Actually I was speaking with a human who insisted my answers were wrong when they were right.

I will look up Standard again, last time I couldn't get past the "are you resident of Singapore"
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

My worst experience with LLOYDS. I had an account at Trustee Savings Bank, a small very customer-friendly bank. LLOYDS took it over-- a month later i got an Email-- the transfer mechanism had been hacked, My account was frozen. I needed new IDs from DIFFERENT people. My PP had to be notarized by the Embassy, my account was frozen for over 2 months.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

oakdale160 wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:15 am My worst experience with LLOYDS. I had an account at Trustee Savings Bank, a small very customer-friendly bank. LLOYDS took it over-- a month later i got an Email-- the transfer mechanism had been hacked, My account was frozen. I needed new IDs from DIFFERENT people. My PP had to be notarized by the Embassy, my account was frozen for over 2 months.
Luckily, I went the other way, I had a Lloyd's account, with many of the problems listed above but when they split with TSB, I ended up with my branch going to them and haven't had a problem since.
For various reasons, I ended up with several accounts at Lloyds, once when being asked those silly questions, after about 30 minutes of being on hold they asked me how many accounts I had, I said, "Let me think." and they said wrong answer and ended the call!