Credit where it's due - picture framer on soi 88

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
av8er

Credit where it's due - picture framer on soi 88

Post by av8er »

I'm not sure which category to put this in but, here goes. Expats seem to love 2 things. drinking and moaning. I admit, I do my fair share of the former, but I've always subscribed to the theory that you only earn the right to moan at lousy service, if you're willing to praise good service. I know some of you are aware of the picture framer on soi 88, right before the rail line. About 2 weeks ago I hung some pictures that he'd framed for me, and, wouldn't you know it, the lousy little hooks that I'd bought gave way and one of the frames was damaged in the fall. I brought it back to him to repair or replace as he thought fit, expecting a bill of around 2-300b. He repaired the broken frame, replaced the hooks on all three pictures-they're a set-and refused to charge me anything! Eventually, at my insistence, he accepted 50b "for drink!" Now, I know that the Thais look at us as ATM's on legs,and a fair target to rip-off, but fair's fair, that's good service!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Pity you had to add the bit about ATMs and rip offs.