Soi 114. A Little Rain = No Electricity

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Soi 114. A Little Rain = No Electricity

Post by GLCQuantum »

Soi 114 is not getting a great deal of good press right now. Dirty, packs of soi dogs and now... every little shower we get means the electric gets cut.

Only today, we had no power for a couple of hours this morning then again for 2-3 hours this afternoon. The first bit of rain that we had a few weeks ago caused a power outage. I always look forward to the rainy season but I have a feeling that this rainy season will be very frustrating. Third world country rings true down 114.

If you are thinking of buying down here, or anywhere close, don't bother.

:cheers:
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Re: Soi 114. A Little Rain = No Electricity

Post by JamesWest »

Dude,
I watched a big cell pass right over you this afternoon. Some lightning and moderate rain for a short time.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Yes, big old rain cloud. It's the rainy season. The first few glimpses of rain have indicated that Hua Hin's infrastructure just isn't up to the task.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I dunno... from my experience the first few showers and storms always tend to cause a higher percentage of outages than when the rainy season has fully bedded in.