Big Dog Problem Down 114

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
aragon
Professional
Professional

Re: Big Dog Problem Down 114

Post by aragon »

musungu wrote:Of course this problem is not one just in Thailand. I have lived in many ( third world) countries and such dogs roam about over Africa and the Middle East.
:agree:
Thailand = Soi Dogs; here in the Middle East = Wadi Dogs, same problem, different name. :cheers:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

lindosfan1 wrote:Spitfire, whilst these dogs can be a problem I never experienced any of the things you suggested.
And because you've never experienced it, it never happens??
Also do not just blame the Thais
He didn't. He clearly mentioned farrangs in his post... before Thais in fact.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Pleng wrote:
lindosfan1 wrote:Spitfire, whilst these dogs can be a problem I never experienced any of the things you suggested.
And because you've never experienced it, it never happens??
Also do not just blame the Thais
He didn't. He clearly mentioned farrangs in his post... before Thais in fact.
There are a lot of foreigners in Thailand that are like lindosfan1 and I think they must own a business here in Thailand or they have a big financial stake here in Thailand because they always say things like "Thai people are Great! Thai people are Wonderful!" or they say " I have never ever experienced any of those problems". It's almost like they are waging information warfare on websites that have a large readership, I know they are called the rose tinted glasses brigade but I think it's much more than simply seeing things through rose tinted glasses. Just my opinion.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Yes, and there are quite a few who so rarely have anything positive to say about the place and the people that you wonder what on earth they are doing here. Fortunately most of us fall somewhere in between.
This is the way
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

Big Boy wrote:
From what I've seen, the city dog team are very good at what they do. Our Soi has been virtually Soi Dog free ever since.

Of course, what happens to the animals after they've been cleared is another story.
They drop 'em off to soi 114 :laugh:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:lach:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Name taken I assume everything you say is a fairy tale,
There are a lot of foreigners in Thailand that are like lindosfan1 and I think they must own a business here in Thailand or they have a big financial stake here in Thailand because they always say things like "Thai people are Great! Thai people are Wonderful!" or they say " I have never ever experienced any of those problems". It's almost like they are waging information warfare on websites that have a large readership, I know they are called the rose tinted glasses brigade but I think it's much more than simply seeing things through rose tinted glasses.
I have no business interest no big financial stake, or rose tinted glasses. I assume you like spending time dreaming up stupid things to say. :banghead: :offtopic:
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

dogs roam about over Africa and the Middle East
Really? Dogs are considered "dirty animals" in Islam. I lived in the middle east for four years and rarely saw a dog. The country I lived in hired African hit men to constantly rid the streets of dogs via the instant death penalty. Now cats were a different story. Revered in Islam, stray cats were everywhere, though they don't tend to create the same problems that dogs do.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Sv: Re: Big Dog Problem Down 114

Post by Ralfredo »

redzonerocker wrote:They drop 'em off to soi 114 :laugh:
Ha, Ha, Ha...
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

lindosfan1 wrote:Name taken I assume everything you say is a fairy tale,
There are a lot of foreigners in Thailand that are like lindosfan1 and I think they must own a business here in Thailand or they have a big financial stake here in Thailand because they always say things like "Thai people are Great! Thai people are Wonderful!" or they say " I have never ever experienced any of those problems". It's almost like they are waging information warfare on websites that have a large readership, I know they are called the rose tinted glasses brigade but I think it's much more than simply seeing things through rose tinted glasses.
I have no business interest no big financial stake, or rose tinted glasses. I assume you like spending time drinking. :banghead: :offtopic:

Fixed it for you.
ThaiMike
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ThaiMike »

I dont understand the attitude towards dogs, they are a pest, dangerous and should not roam the streets. Some people accusing other that want to get rid of them of being non human should maybe check their dinner plate if it includes any dead animals.

They bite, carry rabies, cause harm and pain to children and adults alike, and keep tourists from coming back. Look at Malaysia, hardly a dog problem. Get a grip.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

ThaiMike, if you take the time to read some of the thousands <yawn> of previous posts on this topic, you'll find the vast majority of people agree with you. It's not so much a question of wanting to get rid of them, but of how to get rid of them.
Most of the problems on the forum are due to over-emotional knee-jerk responses to the "poison 'em" and "run 'em over" wind-up merchants.
And of course there's the small but usually overlooked fact that it really doesn't matter what we think.
This is the way
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

The Sound of Dogs

Post by GLCQuantum »

So currently I am workless until June.

I wake up fairly early in the morning, have a cup of coffee and usually get on the old treadmill in preparation for an over-ambitious half marathon next month. After a little exercise, I'll make meself a nice cup of tea and sit outside with a cigarette (disgusting habit). Overlooking a beautiful front garden with towering coconut trees, maybe even lying on the hammock, one can drift away and realise that, 'Hey, life really isn't that bad'.

But then it happens.

With the timely precision of a quartz, the cacophony of feral, barking mutts fills the air. Down 114, no house is safe from this invasion of ear-space. Be it night or be it day, those dirty creatures are sure to let their presence be known.

Thing is, is that most of these dogs have 'owners' ...

... who just happily let their dogs bark away without a care in the world. My Sandy knows that if she barks at nothing, she gets a smacked bottom, so suprisingly, she doesn't bark (magic!). It's called raising a dog properly.

Does anyone else get bothered by the sound of howling, yapping, barking dogs (inside and outside of people's homes) or is it only me? Does anyone else think that people who 'own' these kind of dogs are dumb, retarded, selfish, ignorant and, not sure if I mentioned, retarded dimwits who have no place in modern society... or is it only me?

Does anyone else want to see all barking dogs obliterated by an air-strike (along with their owners) or is it only me?

I'd like to add that any adult dog that is the same size of a cat should immediately be put down.

Thailand... you have no shame.

Nothappyjan

Post by Nothappyjan »

When we first visited HH in 1992 the dogs were a massive problem and aggressive to go with it. You couldn't walk on the beach without getting hassled and even attacked by the ferals.
Within five years they were all but gone so someone somewhere had the solution.
Although not as bad as the early days it is getting back to this level.
No one should have to put up with howling and whining feral dogs, so please get the 'someone' back to fix the problem.
Paam
Novice
Novice

Post by Paam »

Agree, we've been coming over to Hua hin for 15 years and there were way more back then compared to now. We all know what they do with the dogs, cull and send over the border. It's time Thailand did something about this as its now time to come out of the 3rd world ideas. I love Thailand to bits but still level headed enough to know where they go wrong.