Should I believe her?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Bamsen
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Should I believe her?

Post by Bamsen »

Bamsen wrote:
Name Taken wrote: :shock:
Sounds like you may have dodged a bullet, literally. :laugh:
Well like I said there are too complicating and I am not fear because it was her who told me about her grey business, besides several bars in that area know about that lover. Dont forget that BG change their workplace from one bar to another even in the same area.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

seveneleven wrote:There are perhaps millions of normal educated sincere Thai women who want a boyfriend.
Why bother with a dramatic mess of a situation?
I would also like to add the following:

I know there are a lot of men out there that have tried very hard and put a lot of time, effort and energy into finding a 'normal educated sincere women' and they just get nothing but excuses from women "I have a dentist appointment" "I already have a boyfriend" "I don't need a man" etc. etc. and after a while I think some men just get tired of hearing excuses and making a HUGE effort. So that's why I think a lot of men go with ladies that work in Bars or Massage Shops because it's very easy. So I think the ball is firmly in the other genders court so to speak because a lot of men will not make anymore effort for these women.
I'm also kinda lazy. :)
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Name Taken wrote: I know there are a lot of men out there that have tried very hard and put a lot of time, effort and energy into finding a 'normal educated sincere women' and they just get nothing but excuses from women "I have a dentist appointment" "I already have a boyfriend" "I don't need a man" etc. etc. and after a while I think some men just get tired of hearing excuses...
... and they STILL don't get the message!
This is the way
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Name Taken wrote:So I think the ball is firmly in the other genders court so to speak because a lot of men will not make anymore effort for these women.
Well maybe you just hang around with some exceedingly boring people?
Or maybe they are too forward.

Some people's definition of 'effort' is making some smutty remarks and then wondering why they don't get a response. Then there's the chap I saw on the saangthew the other day telling a random couple of women that he's bought some mangos for 50bt per kilo, then saying that the same kilo would have costed however many hundred baht in villa market. I mean... if chatup lines like that aren't going to work, why else could possibly make a lady swoon? :D
seveneleven
Amateur
Amateur

Post by seveneleven »

In most cases in pursuing a normal educated Thai woman, a man should be capable of adhering to the Thai women's preferences, clean shaven, decent clean clothes, polite speaking, capable of speaking some Thai language, funny, long staying (no holiday men), and other requirements thereof and a golden road of opportunity is opened up where plenty of decent working class women will be very interested in a long term relationship.
Some farang though, like things a bit sexy naughty and I don't criticize that option at all.
To each is own for what its worth.
Life is for the enjoyment of time on earth.
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

Name Taken wrote:
seveneleven wrote:There are perhaps millions of normal educated sincere Thai women who want a boyfriend.
Why bother with a dramatic mess of a situation?
I would also like to add the following:

I know there are a lot of men out there that have tried very hard and put a lot of time, effort and energy into finding a 'normal educated sincere women' and they just get nothing but excuses from women "I have a dentist appointment" "I already have a boyfriend" "I don't need a man" etc. etc. and after a while I think some men just get tired of hearing excuses and making a HUGE effort. So that's why I think a lot of men go with ladies that work in Bars or Massage Shops because it's very easy. So I think the ball is firmly in the other genders court so to speak because a lot of men will not make anymore effort for these women.
I'm also kinda lazy. :)

I don't really agree with what you said above. If you put effort into it you can easily find a "non bar girl", they are everywhere.. just go to the mall, to the beach, heck just open your condo/hotel room door there will be one there! If you go with a bar girl because you think you cannot find true love with a normal girl then whatever happens to you is your own fault. I agree with most of the posts here, especially Danny Boy with his 5% comment. From my personal experience I would say that number is even lower, you can trust maybe 2-3% of girls working in Bars, all the rest of what they say is just bullshit.
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
U.Kvarme
Amateur
Amateur

Post by U.Kvarme »

I have followed this post for a week, manish discussion are interesting for me. Since you are discussing about "normal educated thai girl" , I think I could share my opinion as "normal educated that married old girl:-D" I met my husband when I was 34 and worked as regional manager with master degree in Economics, I was workaholic and of course single was my status at that time. After being in relationship with few thai boyfriends, I realized that it couldnt work out when they felt themselves lower hand when I was more succesful in career than them. It was a Thai ancestral way hudred years ago that men had to take care the whole family.

So I think not only you guys are looking for Thai girls but thai women also tend to look for foreign boyfriends as well;
1. Westener men seem to be more open-minded to accept the widowed/divorced women than
Thai especially when they have kids from previous marriage.
2. The opportunity to have better quality of life will be increased. The minimum wage for the newly graduated one is 15,000 baht per month amd some of them need to support family as well as the bar girls do. If they are with Thai at the same rate of salary, how soon they could have good life.
3. Some of thai girls have same problem to be with Thai men like what I mentioned above.
4. Thai population have more women than men. More than half men are married and many of them have mistress. Some of the rest are homosexual, so what is left ?
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

U.Kvarme wrote:I have followed this post for a week, manish discussion are interesting for me. Since you are discussing about "normal educated thai girl" , I think I could share my opinion as "normal educated that married old girl:-D" I met my husband when I was 34 and worked as regional manager with master degree in Economics, I was workaholic and of course single was my status at that time. After being in relationship with few thai boyfriends, I realized that it couldnt work out when they felt themselves lower hand when I was more succesful in career than them. It was a Thai ancestral way hudred years ago that men had to take care the whole family.

So I think not only you guys are looking for Thai girls but thai women also tend to look for foreign boyfriends as well;
1. Westener men seem to be more open-minded to accept the widowed/divorced women than
Thai especially when they have kids from previous marriage.
2. The opportunity to have better quality of life will be increased. The minimum wage for the newly graduated one is 15,000 baht per month amd some of them need to support family as well as the bar girls do. If they are with Thai at the same rate of salary, how soon they could have good life.
3. Some of thai girls have same problem to be with Thai men like what I mentioned above.
4. Thai population have more women than men. More than half men are married and many of them have mistress. Some of the rest are homosexual, so what is left ?
Are you going to tell us how you two hooked up? That might be inreresting learning for those men on the board not married?
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
U.Kvarme
Amateur
Amateur

Post by U.Kvarme »

Frank La Rue wrote: Are you going to tell us how you two hooked up? That might be inreresting learning for those men on the board not married?
I dont dare to do so. I am wondering about being with someone just to meet own purpose without love. I have a neighbour who has moved to Thailand for nine years. He got married with Thai woman and divorced since she wanted to stay in his country and he wanted to stay in Thailand. After getting divorced he said his love died and he took a girl from the Bar to live with just to clean the house and serve his need, if it doesnt work then he takes a new BG. I disagree on this cuz I do believe in love. To be with someone without love might not bring the happiness for the rest of life. Relationship is not
a business to deal with.