Outlook for Thailand

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Outlook for Thailand

Post by usual suspect »

Outlook for Thailand?
Who cares..? Well for one my wife seems not to worried, she's always asking me about what I'm learning from the international
news on the TV...& when I try to explain (this evening being a prime example) her reply is "Thailand always come thru' OK" Just this week I'm telling her about why Sugar cane is down in value worldwide, & that China's stocks have just dropped 6%,& also that China is not buying-in from other countries till they get back to normal..& that Thailand is losing trade to many western countries, & that Vietman, India, even Myanmar are doing way better trading than here,but Thailand believes the market with China will see them thru'..she just lets it float on past her..
..Well how many million Thais feel the same way? How many simply don't care? How many Thais do not see us as a source of revenue? So if in say 5yrs from now when there's only 20% of Westerners coming to stay in the LoS to what there is now will it be such a big deal to them..I think not.
IMO the 'future' for the average Thai is midweek, the 'distant' future is the following weekend..simple-as!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Outlook for Thailand

Post by oakdale160 »

I dont think they grow up with any sense of--One person can make a difference or even -- if we all band together we can make a difference. Add to that the philosophy --Why worry about things over which you have no control you finish with the attitude that you are talking about--AND, perhaps they are correct in this way of thinking!