Cruising for a Bruising

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Big Boy

Cruising for a Bruising

Post by Big Boy »

I've just witnessed something quite shocking at Market Village.

I was waiting for the lift on the ground floor with Mrs BB and there was another Thai lady waiting.

Eventually the lift arrived. Inside were 2 Farang couples - they didn't move when the lift stopped, so the other lady lady stepped into the lift. At this point, one of the Farangs realised where he was, and physically ejected the Thai lady from the lift, whilst shouting, "Wait!" I'm ashamed to say he sounded English (although I'd have said German by appearance alone). Judging by the colour of his skin, I would guess he is resident. He must have hurt her.

It is not uncommon for people to ride these lifts in the wrong direction, and with the initial lack of movement, the Thai lady made a very simple error of judgement. If she wasn't there, it could as easily have been Mrs BB. I'm not daft enough to get involved in a tussle between 2 strangers, but on reflection, I probably wouldn't have held back physically if he had tried to do that to my wife.

An absolute arse doing that to a stranger of the weaker sex and probably less than half his size (bully comes to mind), and if he isn't careful, somebody is going to read his fortune.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
pharvey

Re: Cruising for a Bruising

Post by pharvey »

What goes around comes around and I suspect this @rswipe will get his just deserts one day.

Unfortunately we all have our share of idiots.....
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, that is true, but physically ejecting, when he could have just as easily side stepped her did seem way over the top. As an expat, or at least somebody who has been here a while, he should have known better. That attitude will buy him big trouble at some stage.

It's a pity that she didn't know some sort of Martial Art where she could have turned the situation around, and left him on his arse - the best way to deal with such a bully.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Big Boy wrote:Yes, that is true, but physically ejecting, when he could have just as easily side stepped her did seem way over the top.
Absolutely, agree 100%. Unfortunately, I've also seen it a great deal in China. I have a fair amount of sympathy where people get annoyed where others push in front, don't wait for you to exit lifts or trains etc. (a Chinese way of life) but as you say "physically ejecting" a lady half his size (especially when it appears he was in the wrong anyway) is certainly way over the top.
Big Boy wrote:It's a pity that she didn't know some sort of Martial Art where she could have turned the situation around, and left him on his arse - the best way to deal with such a bully.
Now that would have been the perfect outcome..! :thumb:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

weaker sex
BB, you obviously never met my wife! :D
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
ExpatJohn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ExpatJohn »

I have found that manners from some expats lacking. No polite morning or greeting as well as but Not in opening the door or letting the lady with the baby stroller go first. Maybe its a sense of entitlement or? But then there is the other side of the coin where some Thai (hi so) who expect the world to bow down before them as in cutting in line for the movie at MV. I have seen where a motorcycle cut off a BMW(Bangkok) and at the light the Young Thai guy very tall in a suit got out and started punching the other guy on his bike who was way smaller. Mad dogs and such at noon.