Thailand Calendar

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Thailand Calendar

Post by HHTel »

But at least they don't stop alcohol sales for the royal birthdays!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Sunday, August 7 is the Referendum voting day. A dry day or not I don't know but I would think so? Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Monday 24th October is a public holiday, in place of Sunday which is Chulalongkorn Day.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

NEW YEAR TO BEGIN WITH FOUR-DAY WEEKEND

Post by PeteC »

"Jan. 2 and Jan. 3, a Monday and Tuesday, were added as public holidays to follow on Dec. 31 and Jan. 1, according to the government spokeswoman Col. Taksada Sangkachan."......

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/bang ... announces/
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

My missus has just told me that it's a holiday here from Dec 29 to Jan 4.
Is this correct? Or is the holiday as indicated above, ie from Sat 31st to Weds 4th Jan?
Cheers.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Check the Holiday calendar here. http://www.officeholidays.com/countries ... d/2017.php You can also check the 2016 too
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Next Saturday 11th February is Makha Bucha holiday, followed by Monday 13th as a substitution day.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Today, April 6, is Chakri Day, a national holiday and I would think all government offices are closed. I also imagine that many will take off tomorrow as well and make it a four day weekend.

Thursday April 13 through Sunday April 16 are the official dates for Songkran and again I would think all government offices will be closed throughout the period.

With only a few days between holiday periods, the mass exodus to home provinces may begin today and traffic volume will build continuously.
buksida

Post by buksida »

THAILAND ADDS TWO NEW HOLIDAYS TO THE YEAR

Two new national holidays marking the reign of King Rama X were added to the calendar Tuesday by the interim cabinet.

The two new holidays include July 28, King Vajiralongkorn’s birthday, and Oct. 13, which will mark to the death of his father, King Bhumibol.

That means a net gain of one holiday for the country, for now. May 5, which celebrated the coronation of King Bhumibol, will no longer be a national holiday.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2017 ... days-year/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

A heads up so everyone is aware.

BANGKOK — Two new national holidays marking the reign of King Rama X were added to the calendar Tuesday by the interim cabinet.

The two new holidays include July 28, King Vajiralongkorn’s birthday, and Oct. 13, which will mark to the death of his father, King Bhumibol.

That means a net gain of one holiday for the country, for now. May 5, which celebrated the coronation of King Bhumibol, will no longer be a national holiday.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2017 ... days-year/
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Both being on a friday, it will be 2 long week ends.
And Oct 13 a dry day without bars opening ??????
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The royal cremation ceremony for the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej is scheduled for Oct 25-29 with the actual royal cremation on Thursday Oct 26, which has been declared a public holiday.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... for-oct-26

Note: The article doesn't say, but I imagine the entire period will be dry days.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

prcscct wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:40 pm The royal cremation ceremony for the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej is scheduled for Oct 25-29 with the actual royal cremation on Thursday Oct 26, which has been declared a public holiday.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... for-oct-26

Note: The article doesn't say, but I imagine the entire period will be dry days.
I already booked for Cambodia.
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Post by Felipesed1 »

One way?
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

October should be a one month holiday: 13 to 15, 21 to 23, 25 to 29= 11 days . That's Happiness