Finding a regular Thai girlfriend in Hua Hin?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
l112a6

Finding a regular Thai girlfriend in Hua Hin?

Post by l112a6 »

How many have come to Hua Hin single and found a girlfriend here?

Sure It's possible to find a girl in the bar scene but getting away from that area, where to find the women?

Online? There appears to be a limited selection locally.

The hottest girls I've seen about town have been at the Thai markets - yet wouldn't have a clue if they were interested in a foreigner...
musungu
Professional
Professional

Re: Finding a regular Thai girlfriend in Hua Hin?

Post by musungu »

I cannot understand why you do not treat HH the same as any other world city - surely all the places where ladies work such as shops, restaurants, hairdressing etc etc would be the place. Start at Market Village and if you are not succesful then you need more help.
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

musungu wrote:I cannot understand why you do not treat HH the same as any other world city - surely all the places where ladies work such as shops, restaurants, hairdressing etc etc would be the place. Start at Market Village and if you are not succesful then you need more help.
I couldn't agree more completely.
:D
A friend is only one click away
BOZ
Professional
Professional

Post by BOZ »

+1
Boz

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

just try not to find the rest of her family or it will cost you
l112a6

Post by l112a6 »

It's an option but you'd have to be pretty lucky, I can't say looking round Market Village for a girl is my thing and not how I've met girls in the past - through friends, at work, at bars or online.

Also can't remember how many hot 21-25 year olds I've seen working in the shops or the stalls there either. For a gf you'd be needing someone a bit special...
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

I atually sympathize with Original Poster - the good news in my view is that if OP feels like me, I'd say I am less inhibited when I am outside my own cultural rice bowl, more inclined chat up a girl of my fancy and ask her to meet me at a coffee shop or bistro after her work. Just go for it and try your luck!

Golf caddies is supposed to be a good avenue albeit I never tried that route myself
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

if you have a smart phone get the dating app "Badoo". it is free up to a point.

it will hook you up with hundreds of females in Hua Hin and Cha Am and all over Thailand, everyhere you go. It uses the GPS in your phone to list the girls by distance from you and tells you in meters the distance the girl is from you . You can set filters for age range.

I have 15 new messages on Badoo right now.

Also look on line at thaifriendly.com

also free...

and dateinasia.com

also free...
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
l112a6

Post by l112a6 »

Online websites and apps are great for meeting girls in cities like Bangkok and Chiang Mai, but the selection of girls in Hua Hin / Cha am / Petchaburi etc are highly limited.
And of that how many of that are of interest to a guy in his 20's is close to zero...
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

l112a6 wrote:Online websites and apps are great for meeting girls in cities like Bangkok and Chiang Mai, but the selection of girls in Hua Hin / Cha am / Petchaburi etc are highly limited.
And of that how many of that are of interest to a guy in his 20's is close to zero...
the selection of girls is what it is for this part of Thailand. the app really makes meeting the girls very easy.

all the girls want to meet you. the language barrier is the only issue.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

I don't know if 'nice' girls would advertise themselves on an Internet dating site, but I may well be wrong. From chatting to my students informally, quite a lot of them would like to have a western boyfriend. They're usually interested in dating someone in their age range (mid-twenties). If you could find a place where students hang out, you may get lucky. :wink:

VS

P.S. There's also the advantage of not having a language barrier, if they want to practice their English...
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
Same_Same
Novice
Novice

Post by Same_Same »

Where can I find a good thay lady???I have been in thailand a few times but no good luck
l112a6

Post by l112a6 »

For the most popular dating sites there is site only a hard-full of girls, yet there are literally THOUSANDS of girls in the city.
This shows most girls in Hua Hin don't use online dating.

Out of interest I had a look around Market Village today whilst shopping, and there were plenty of options (Mostly they were shopping and hanging out rather than working)

I do think the best way to meet girls in the 20-25 range is at the Thai nightclubs (And possibly Thai markets) But the language barrier would be the issue unless you spoke good Thai.
And also to throw in the question, do these girls want a farang boyfriend? Who knows...
booboo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by booboo »

As long as you spend money on them, they will go with you, no matter what you look like or how old you are.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

booboo wrote:As long as you spend money on them, they will go with you, no matter what you look like or how old you are.
Harsh but fair. :mrgreen:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.