bitten by someones dog

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: bitten by someones dog

Post by Takiap »

A little bit off topic, but I just did a Google search, and according to Wikipedia..........

An estimated 31,000 human deaths occur annually from rabies in Asia,[1] including about 20,000 in India,[2] which has the highest rate of human rabies in the world primarily due to stray dogs.

As of 2007, Vietnam had the second-highest rate, followed by Thailand; in these countries, the virus is primarily transmitted through canines (feral dogs and other wild canine species)

I honestly didn't realize rabies is so prevalent here. :shock:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Yes, I got bitten by a dog in a couple of years ago in Hua Hin and paid about 5,000 BT as well for jabs. The thing with rabies is that it's virtually 100% fatal, so even though your chances of catching it might be small, it's not something you can take too many chances with.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Don't get these high prices for treatment of dog bites. I got bit some time ago by a beach dog. Was fixed up at the Red Cross for a couple of thousand which included daily treatment and rabies jabs. The restaurant owner where the dog lived paid up without question.

Maybe we're talking of the difference in price at Bangkok Hospital or San Paulo.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

HHTel wrote:Don't get these high prices for treatment of dog bites. I got bit some time ago by a beach dog. Was fixed up at the Red Cross for a couple of thousand which included daily treatment and rabies jabs. The restaurant owner where the dog lived paid up without question.

Maybe we're talking of the difference in price at Bangkok Hospital or San Paulo.
Actually I went to a clinic first that would have done the jabs for a lot less but there was a waiting room full of people and I decided to go to San Paulo to get seen straight away. For the repeat injections, I was never in the place for more than ten minutes so I didn't think it too bad a deal.
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

The owner yesterday agreed by phone to pay the bills.
Today he called again and said, maybe it was someone else's dog that bit me, my wife told him: OK, we are done with this back and forth, come to the police station with us so we can clear it all once and for all and move on.
He said, his wife put him up to making out it may have been another dog and he is too busy to come to the police.
I had another shot today, am f**king livid and best not to keep on typing.....thanks for the responses...
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Half expected this photo the offending dog sit down and take notes in Thai and English then get your Mrs to deal with the police make a deal with them and bring them to the table for negotiations. Don't back off this. I am sure you can get some sort of settlement out of this if you play the long game with some evidence to set your stall out with good luck.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.