Thailand fails the most at monogamy

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Thailand fails the most at monogamy

Post by richard »

So why isn't tourism on a high then?

http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2015/02/18/ ... t-monogamy
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Thailand fails the most at monogamy

Post by oakdale160 »

Once upon a time in a far off bar, I met a BG who was not married with a child, but that was long ago in a far off bar.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Those figures don't really surprise me. There are at least five short-time (hide your car behind the curtain) 'motels' in Nakhon Pathom that I know of, so I guess there's a demand for illicit hanky-panky. It does annoy me when some teachers preach to the students about how promiscuous the West is, and how wonderful the innocent Thais are when it comes to relationships. Feel tempted to print out the chart and stick it on the notice board...

VS :wink:
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Marilyn vos Savant, an author and supposedly a record IQ once was asked if man was meant to be a monogamous animal. She replied "Not really but you guy's can at least try"

Think the trying here in Thailand is minimal. Almost everytime I have gotten into a taxi without Mrs M the driver, if he talks, tells me about the mia noi he has
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Vital Spark wrote:Those figures don't really surprise me. There are at least five short-time (hide your car behind the curtain) 'motels' in Nakhon Pathom that I know of, so I guess there's a demand for illicit hanky-panky. It does annoy me when some teachers preach to the students about how promiscuous the West is, and how wonderful the innocent Thais are when it comes to relationships. Feel tempted to print out the chart and stick it on the notice board...

VS :wink:

This just made me laugh because yesterday my oldest daughter asked me why Farang people like to rob banks, but in Thailand nobody robs banks or steals money from other people. When I asked where she heard this, she replied.........at school.

I should just have laughed, but instead I replied....."If Thai people cannot learn to look left and right before pulling out onto a busy road, the will never be able to learn how to rob a bank. There have been several other instances as well where my kids have been told negative things about Farang.

It seems most Thai teachers see it as their duty to teach students some good old racism.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

In Thailand it's not banks usually..........mainly gold shops, ATM refill wagons, or the ATMs themselves.

As for the hanky-panky figures, doesn't surprise me either, especially when you see the relationship fail rate and the astoundingly high level of single female parents....it would appear that apathy on this front firmly holds sway. I've never seen such culturally well organized short-time infrastructure in so many places (displayed so brazenly) from the aforementioned "hide your car behind a curtain" place to full-on 'Soapy' massage palaces on the main streets with ads of girls in bikinis.

High school Thai teachers are living in the same make-believe world that Thai karaoke sing-song video makers inhabit. Most Thai teachers at high schools have had to pass a course from the College of Social Engineering & Outright Denial.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Let's not forget that the practice of keeping a mistress or mistresses is fairly widespread in the upper strata of western society.
I'm not saying it's right, but it's a fact not limited to Thailand.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Spitfire wrote:In Thailand it's not banks usually..........mainly gold shops, ATM refill wagons, or the ATMs themselves.

As for the hanky-panky figures, doesn't surprise me either, especially when you see the relationship fail rate and the astoundingly high level of single female parents....it would appear that apathy on this front firmly holds sway. I've never seen such culturally well organized short-time infrastructure in so many places (displayed so brazenly) from the aforementioned "hide your car behind a curtain" place to full-on 'Soapy' massage palaces on the main streets with ads of girls in bikinis.

High school Thai teachers are living in the same make-believe world that Thai karaoke sing-song video makers inhabit. Most Thai teachers at high schools have had to pass a course from the College of Social Engineering & Outright Denial.
It reminds me of the poor Black communities in the U.S., where it's not uncommon for the females to have 12 kids and each one has a different father.
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

Name Taken wrote:
It reminds me of the poor Black communities in the U.S., where it's not uncommon for the females to have 12 kids and each one has a different father.
Can you back this up with any reliable sources?
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

m_right wrote:
Name Taken wrote:
Nope.
So now I guess you'll call me a racist, right?
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

Name Taken wrote:
m_right wrote:
Name Taken wrote:
Nope.
So now I guess you'll call me a racist, right?
Don't have to. You just did that to yourself!

richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Actually the same can be said of a lot of white English women who do it for additional benefits
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Post by sand_dancer »

lomuamart wrote:Let's not forget that the practice of keeping a mistress or mistresses is fairly widespread in the upper strata of western society.
I'm not saying it's right, but it's a fact not limited to Thailand.
Indeed......

Who could ever forget the John Major / Edwina Curry liaison.........

:run:
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

richard wrote:Actually the same can be said of a lot of white English women who do it for additional benefits
Yeah, that's true.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

As for the racist comment. Thirty of forty years ago it was more common in the African-american culture for girls to give birth Óut of Wedlock" which was a no -no for caucasians. (Any old guys remember friends they had who HAD to get married because their GF was pregnant) but now this is accepted in caucasian society too, so there is no difference.
Having multiple babes by multiple fathers may be more common in A-A society, I have seen no data on this, but is equally common in Americans known as PWT (Poor white Trash) or Trailer Park mothers.