Credit where credit is due - Big Kiang

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Big Boy

Credit where credit is due - Big Kiang

Post by Big Boy »

A couple of days ago our washing machine started displaying error code OE (unable to drain). One of our neighbours gave us a number to call. He was busy, but would be with us first thing Tuesday. Mrs BB called him hourly throughout the day, but no sign of him. Final call was at 9pm yesterday, when he promised he would be with us first thing today.

11am Mrs BB called again. He was sorry, but he'd been called to a house opposite the Palace :? I can't remember how many times he'd been called to our house. He was on his way now.

12:15pm still no sign, and he wasn't answering his phone.

OK, I'd had enough - lets get somebody who wants the work.

I've rarely had a good word for Big Kiang in the past, but we decided they were close. Drove down there, Mrs BB asked for help, and the engineer was at the house waiting for us when we got home 5 minutes later.

Basically he cleaned a load of gunge from the machine, and it now works perfectly. Mrs BB asked how much? Nothing was his reply. He wouldn't take a single Baht, not even as a tip. This has certainly changed my opinion of the Big Kiang team, and I will certainly consider using their services again.

Oh, and the other guy was sent away at 15:05 this afternoon.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Credit where credit is due - Big Kiang

Post by Dannie Boy »

Blimey BB, you must be difficult to please, if after service like that you are only considering using them again - I'd have thought you would have your wallet out itching to buy something from them!!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

its a Brit thing Dannie, not too classy to show enthusiasm. read restaurant reviews and the greatest praise will be--we were not disappointed. The double negative rather than a positive is more restrained and classy. But BBs story is VERY impressive and BK certainly deserve praise and support.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote:Blimey BB, you must be difficult to please, if after service like that you are only considering using them again - I'd have thought you would have your wallet out itching to buy something from them!!
My very first experience with Big Kiang was a very bad one, and I vowed never to use them again. However, time heals, and we tried them - very pleased we did.

BTW, we have bought a few non-electrical bits in between. However, the service this time actually exceeded the good press I've read about on here since.

Points 41; Position 18
Jack Sprat

Post by Jack Sprat »

My experience of Big Kiang has always been good.
Recently they have 'upped the anti' to excellent.
I had bought numerous items, and wanted something they had in stock changed to dimensions that I needed.
'Khun Oi' was on the phone immediately talking to the factory in hand....when the item arrived it was beyond my expectations....perfect, and exactly what I'd asked for. (all done over the phone).
After sales service also excellent.....a couple of things that didn't work 100%, were changed immediately.
From my experience I would recommend them wholeheartedly.
Well done & many thanks BK.
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

i also agree their service has been very good especially if there is a problem and he always is up for a bit of haggling
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Blimey, a rant-free thread! Happy New Year! :laugh: :cheers:
This is the way
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Not even I can rant over B.K. They have always come up trumps when the Mrs or myself NEEDED an item ASAP (such as a chest freezer last year).. :cheers: :cheers:
alleykat
Professional
Professional

Post by alleykat »

Big Boy, did you attempt to sort the problem out yourself first?
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Went into BK the first time this trip. With the big move coming this year we anted to see what was available, and prices. The staff was very very helpful without being pushy even though we explained we weren't buying now.

Very helpful, they will be our first choice when the time comes to buy.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

after all the good comments could you tell the likes of me who don't know, where BK is please ?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Hi Joelle, it's the soi just south of the Grand Market (can't remember the number), next to Power Buy.
http://wikimapia.org/26358424/Big-Kiang

EDIT: Address: Soi 88 Hua Hin Wittayakhom (behind Power Buy), Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan, 77110
Phone: 032-533-336
This is the way
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

thanks DM
happy new year
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

alleykat wrote:Big Boy, did you attempt to sort the problem out yourself first?
Yes. I did the obvious bits that I'm capable of e.g. manual drain, clean filter, check the drainage hose for blockages etc. Beyond that, my capabilities are very limited :oops:

Points 41; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

dtaai-maai wrote:Hi Joelle, it's the soi just south of the Grand Market (can't remember the number), next to Power Buy.
http://wikimapia.org/26358424/Big-Kiang

EDIT: Address: Soi 88 Hua Hin Wittayakhom (behind Power Buy), Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan, 77110
Phone: 032-533-336
Also some other branches - 1. out near Soi 112. 2. On Huay Mongkol Road, just before the bend at Pae Mai, and 3. Phetchkasem Highway towards Cha-Am, on the left about 1 km before Thai Wasadu.