Exchanging £50 Notes

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
albaker

Exchanging £50 Notes

Post by albaker »

Hi just received a text from a friend who has just arrived in Bangkok saying he is having problems changing £50 notes in several places in , MBK and other money exchanges , some have refusing to take his £50 notes but exchanging other £notes . Know there was a problem with US$100 dollar notes some time ago but this is first time heard of UK notes .
Any body know of similar problem in Hua Hin ?
We always take cash with us but never had £50 notes so may be better to take lower denomination notes for our next trip , January cant wait , only here in UK at present as wife wants to stay home for Xmas , as the boss I have to agree :roll:
Happy Xmas to all
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Exchanging UK money

Post by ste860 »

i never had a problem . but i have heard they must be in very good condition no folds or tatty edges
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Exchanging £50 Notes

Post by Lev »

Have you tried our currency exchange sponsors: http://www.huahinmedia.com/huahin-currency-exchange.php
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Make sure any notes you wish to exchange are not creased badly, torn have a worn look to them and no pen or pencil marks you will have problems changing them.
I have had hundreds of pounds that I have not been able to change.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Had a couple in the bar 2 weeks ago..the gentleman had tried many exchanges around the 'tourist area' of HH..and NONE of them would accept his £50 notes.. :? :?
He then tried his Scottish notes..same story.. "Solly, mai dee".

(Dunno where one of our girls took his 50's, but she was back in 15mins with a fist full of Baht & a reciept for him.. :thumb: )
taffinexile

Post by taffinexile »

It's not very often I've tried changing £50 notes in the UK but unless it's in a bank not many businesses are willing to take them. So it's no wonder that other countries will not accept them
In my time of dying all want for you to do is take my body home..... so I can die easy