Neighbour killed in barking dog dispute

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Neighbour killed in barking dog dispute

Post by Spitfire »

This is a good example of how highly strung people are under modern life and how quick they are to resort to violence to settle the smallest issue. Basically, two dog owners with one more noisy than the other and one person's roof is over-stretched encroaching on the other's wall so water flows in.

Situation bubbles for a bit......then one morning, one party says a wrong word and it's pap pap pap, neigbour dead and neigbour's wife seriously injured in the street outside the house. This wasn't some beligerent, self-entitled, deluded and drunk scooter-boy....it was a 66 year-old guy that got up and thought "Enough, I'm done with this."

Wow! People are becoming more and more intolerant all the time. I think I also read recently about an old appartment owner shot dead two teenagers recently because they were harrassing a female guest and he had told them not to do it in the past, they didn't listen and he just shot them both and turned himself in at the local cop shop afterwards.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... og-dispute

Source - Bangkok Post
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Neighbour killed in barking dog dispute

Post by GLCQuantum »

Guns are VERY easy to obtain here. I would say on par with America. For this reason, and the fact that many Thai people have an incredibly short fuse, lack of concern for anyone outside of family and little to no education (what's right and wrong?) it's an incredibly silly idea to ruffle a Thai's feathers.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Why did´nt they just shoot the dawgs?
A friend is only one click away
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »