Gifts for Children of Border Police School Nr Pala-U

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
pharvey

Re: Gifts for Children of Border Police School Nr Pala-U

Post by pharvey »

All been a great effort from yourself, Mrs BB and the group - the kids reaction is superb.

From memory, this all started from a visit to the orphanage on (or near) to your good lady's birthday. Perhaps therefore we could make this an "annual event" and donate a few Quid/Baht/Dollars each July (?). I'm happy to forgo a firework or two and I'm sure Terry will sponsor me for doing so!!

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ I think starting the fund drive in July is a good plan, culminating in a December purchase, and an early New Year visit similar to this year. It just feels better, at least for me, to busy yourself with something like this around the Holidays. If only we had snow........ :D Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Following the success of the 'Sock Appeal', Admin and the Moderators of Hua Hin Forum have recognised the generosity of its members. We have now developed an association with local charity, Jungle Aid to provide the conduit for members to provide help in areas where the local community need it most.
Jungle Aid.jpg
Jungle Aid.jpg (6.67 KiB) Viewed 270 times
This is a local charity, so you can be sure donations will be used to help our local area.

For more details, please visit this thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28489&p=376775#p376775

The forum is also considering its own Christmas Appeal, which will be announced in September this year.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18