Retiring in Hua Hin with our Pooch

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
raeside3
Amateur
Amateur

Retiring in Hua Hin with our Pooch

Post by raeside3 »

Hi guys this is my first post.
My hubby is 63 and I am 60 and we are west australians. Hubby is an engineer. We have a beautiful cocker spaniel andit is not negotiable if he comes with us or not . We are going to Hau Hin in January to have a look around area but we love the beach and the quieter life. We would like to know what is around the area. Also as we are bringing pooch we need to know what sort of accommodation we would have to live in. We plan to look and January and then rent in June. Any areas you can suggest would be MOST appreciated.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Retiring in Hua Hin with our Pooch

Post by dtaai-maai »

Welcome to the forum!

A very broad question - you'll really need to have a good look round in January and decide for yourselves (which I'm sure you plan to do anyway).
Do you need to be within walking distance of the beach? Will you have a car? I imagine you'll be looking at bungalows/villas with a garden - do you want a pool? Do you have an accommodation budget in mind?
Kao Tao is worth a look if you want to be near the sea, but there are so many options.
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Or you could head north towards Cha Am, but as D-M suggested, with a dog you really need a house rather than a condo/apartment. There is so much choice, that depending on your budget will determine where exactly you might want to investigate further
raeside3
Amateur
Amateur

Post by raeside3 »

Thank you so much for your replies. Our budget is about 50000 for rent and yes we want a town house or something simular. A pool would be GREAT but security it important. We will most probably get a motor bike.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

raeside3 wrote:Thank you so much for your replies. Our budget is about 50000 for rent and yes we want a town house or something simular. A pool would be GREAT but security it important. We will most probably get a motor bike.
That's a very healthy budget, so you should be spoilt for choice and will be able to target a number of areas both in HH itself and north or south where it will be a bit quieter, although that could put extra demands on your travelling. Best thing to do is contact some of the property agents listed on the right hand side of this forum page and get them lined up to help you do your search in January. You should be able to get a very nice house with pool on a gated compound well within your budget.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

For 50k you will be able to get a huge three bedroom house with a large pool in a gated neighborhood. If it is gated, then you can go for
a walk without Soi dogs bothering you.

While you are out and about, you will need to keep your doggie away from the hundreds of Soi dogs that roam free everywhere.

So maybe a leash all the time on walks and doggie in the house in the evening.

I am not sure about quarantine during importing your doggie.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.