Is it doggy heaven or a rats convention?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Is it doggy heaven or a rats convention?

Post by Terry »

Just added my tuppence-worth to Married Men Doing Grocery Shopping.

This reminded me of the Villa store at 'K Market' on Sukhumvit Soi 24.

I stop here most Sunday evenings to get the week's supplies before heading to the BKK condo.

The shopping centre has a 'Pet Mak' store and as a consequence there are hoards of what I call 'Hairy Rats'
- otherwise known as miniatures i.e. poodles, those snappy Mexican things, and all manner of small useless excuses for dogs - all dolled up in suites and dresses (I kid you not) being pushed around in prams etc etc.

And - despite the notices to the stupid nonces who own these creatures, there's a fair amount of shog dit left behind.

For Christ Sake, if you are going to have a dog - get a DOG says I................... and clean up your bloody mess. :cuss:

Sorry - rant over
PeteC

Re: Is it doggy heaven or a rats convention?

Post by PeteC »

Yeah, condo dogs for city people. Similar in Tokyo, Taipei and now even Shanghai as I understand it. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

a dog had to be carried around is not a dog,a dog walk. :banghead: :banghead:

:cheers: :cheers:
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

seen here in huahin a husky !!! taken around by his proud owner in a baby carrier/sling !!!!!!!!!!!!
how crazy is that! :cuss: :banghead:
gerryha

Post by gerryha »

Oh dear, mr grumpy-wumpy doesnt like lickle doggy woggy's. Quite right too if a dogs neck isnt big enough for a studded collar the size of a bus inner tube, it should be put down. Tomorrow he will pose the question nobody has dared ask "should selling male grooming products openly even be legal?"

Seriously, totally agree about being responsibe and cleaning up after your dog and as an owner of 2 of those mexican yappy things (for future ref spelled Chihuahua), I also detest the dressing up of dogs, unless your wife is away on holiday of course, oh thats just me is it?
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

I agree small dogs can be a pain. When I take my retriever for a walk there are 3 small dogs who always try to go for him yapping and snarling. He walks round them with his nose in the air. A proper snob, we did not teach him to do that. It is the owner not the dog that is the problem.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

My old and sadly missed Boxer would totally ignore any small dog yapping and causing a fuss around him. I wish I could say the same when he encountered larger dogs of a similar character.

If a small hairy rat was persistent he would wait until they became confident and calm and then simply cock his leg with the inevitable consequences. "I'm the boss and remember your place" I tried and tried to stop this natural reaction but failed miserably.

Boy, I miss that dog!
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain