Married Men Doing Grocery Shopping

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.

Do Married Men Go Grocery Shopping Willingly?

Never Go
10%
I go willingly (feed me another bit of cheese)
83%
Are you dragged?
8%

Total votes: 40

Big Boy

Re: Married Men Doing Grocery Shopping

Post by Big Boy »

:oops: I didn't realise I was such an oddball - I wouldn't have believed so many men enjoyed grocery shopping :oops:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Big Boy wrote::oops: I didn't realise I was such an oddball - I wouldn't have believed so many men enjoyed grocery shopping :oops:
I didn't even know that you could use "grocery shopping" and "enjoyed" in the same sentence!
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

The reason I asked, was last night my wife and her sister said that they were surprised at the amount of husbands that go grocery shopping with their wife’s and I said, “I don’t know, surely there can’t be that many.”
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
Irish big-kev

Post by Irish big-kev »

Steve,

I'll take you Grocery shopping with me next month when I arrive in HH, you'll love it.
We'll just buy Beer.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

The only place I've enjoyed going shopping is my local bar in West Cork.
You walk through the door and there's a grocery section on the left. You hand your list to the lady there. You then walk through to the next section, which is the bar.
After the requisite number of pints of stout, you walk back to the door, pay your bill, pick up your box of groceries and leave.
Live traditional music sessions at the weekend round off a perfect shopping experience :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Attachments
MacCarthys2.jpg
MacCarthys2.jpg (4.02 KiB) Viewed 444 times
MacCarthys1.jpg
MacCarthys1.jpg (5.12 KiB) Viewed 444 times
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Irish big-kev wrote:Steve,

I'll take you Grocery shopping with me next month when I arrive in HH, you'll love it.
We'll just buy Beer.
Great, we could go to the Chang dealership at the end of our road!
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

First marriage I did all the cooking, now MIL lives with us and cooks 3-4 days and me the rest. I've always done, and enjoyed, the shopping, maybe since I like cooking
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote::oops: I didn't realise I was such an oddball - I wouldn't have believed so many men enjoyed grocery shopping :oops:
They might not all enjoy it, but at Makro you definitely get more men accompanying their wives/partners than women shopping on their own - I've even seen you there BB, albeit maybe under duress!! :cheers:
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I do all the grocery shopping mostly at the local markets. I reluctantly do big C and Makro but hate shopping Malls. At the local markets I try my terrible Thai and have a good laugh with the stall holders who have gotten to know me. Wife does the Thai cooking, I do the ferang! She does the lighter gardening, I chop down trees and do the pool. She does the cleaning and washing up, I do the laundry. Seems to work for us OK
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

[quote="Dannie Boy- I've even seen you there BB, albeit maybe under duress!! :cheers:[/quote]

My eyes not being what they were, I read that as "under a dress" :oops:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

arcadianagain wrote:[quote="Dannie Boy- I've even seen you there BB, albeit maybe under duress!! :cheers:
My eyes not being what they were, I read that as "under a dress" :oops:[/quote]
Aha BB, you're secrets out now :laugh:
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

my hubby goes to the market at cha am every week to get his veggies and seems to enjoy it
for the rest of the shopping we do it together and it does not bother him at all
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

I don't think men should be allowed to go grocery shopping, and have always done it on my own. But I suppose that in Thailand there is more justification for the strange habit - ie transport, baht and farang food needs.

In the UK I only know one guy - a friends husband - who does food shop on his own and will rock up regularly with his bargain finds. But he is an Environmental Health officer so that might account for the interest. :roll:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote:
arcadianagain wrote:[quote="Dannie Boy- I've even seen you there BB, albeit maybe under duress!! :cheers:
My eyes not being what they were, I read that as "under a dress" :oops:
Aha BB, you're secrets out now :laugh:[/quote]
:oops: Only at weekends :oops:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

I work at home 3 days a week, so most times I will do the shopping on one of those days. If we need anything in between then either of us will pick it up on the way home when that happenes.

I am suprised that no one has mentioned the added bonus of some serious eye candy that often frequents most grocery shops. Only problem if distracted to much it can cause forgetfulness with making your purchases. Winter is a bit of a slow down in good viewing, but summer is a bonus, especially if you shop near beach areas here in Australia
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"