13y.o. Daughter Being Abused By 26y.o.

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
TempName
Novice
Novice

13y.o. Daughter Being Abused By 26y.o.

Post by TempName »

As is probably realised, this is not my normal account. Actions like this from the police really P**s me off. My daughter of 13 years old has been regularly abused by a 26 year old man (married with kids). This has been going on for a while. My daughter is obsessed with him..... but she's 13. As in many countries and including this one, that is statutary rape. This has been reported to the police several times. Their attitude is "It's not our problem and theres nothing we can do". They have repeatedly refused to take any action despite the evidence. It's meant taking action against this guy through the Bangkok authorities and reporting the Hua Hin police for their non-action.
Yet they can go around collecting 'tea money' for minor crimes. The Hua Hin Police should be ashamed of themselves but they will be brought to task from their higher authorities.

Hua Hin Police------ Not a police force that the country can be proud of.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: 13y.o. Daughter Being Abused By 26y.o.

Post by Takiap »

I really feel for you and your daughter, and yes I agree that the police should be ashamed of themselves for not acting on this, especially if they have been offered evidence.

With all that having been said, I must add that I find it hard to believe that as her Dad, you are allowing this to happen, relying only on the police to intervene. Clearly the 26 year old guy is guilty of a crime, but as you have said, your daughter is willingly allowing it to happen. Forgive me for saying this, but if the police arrest this guy, you might find you daughter soon doing the same thing with some other guy as well.

I am certainly not trying to pin the blame on your daughter, but I think you need to acknowledge the fact that she is at least a part of the problem, and in my opinion, that is also your problem. After all, she is your daughter, and as a parent, it's your responsibility to teach and to discipline if and when necessary.

I really hope you don't take my reply the wrong way because it is not an attempt at making a wise ass response. I have three daughters myself so when I read your post, I immediately asked myself what I would do if the same thing happens with one of my girls. The first answer that came to my head was that if this happened, it would happen once and once only. I probably would not go to the police in the first place. Instead, the guy would be warned to forget all about my daughter, and he would be informed just how lucky he is to still be in one piece. After that, my focus would be entirely on my daughter.

As a matter of interest, have you let this guy's wife know that he is sexually abusing your daughter? Also, have you consulted the guy in question, and have you taken action against your daughter? I know there will be many people who will jump up to defend your daughter, including me, but despite what the law says, parents should also be smart enough to realize that most 13 year old kids know very well the difference between right and wrong.

Anyway, end of speech and best of luck with getting your problem sorted out. :cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Best way to deal with a piece of shit like this is to expose him to his friends, family and work place.

A loss of face in this way would ruin the pervert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TempName
Novice
Novice

Post by TempName »

Yes, Takiab, he has been confronted and given a 'slap'. Dragged him to the police station and was made to promise no more contact. Waste of time that was.
His wife has kicked him out over this as has his family. I understand what you're saying about a 13 year old knowing right from wrong. However, if I was so inclined, I could make an impressionable child feel grown up and important! She's currently staying with her mother who has a much smaller house with only one door out. Although, she's still managed to outwit her mother on occasion. My house has 5 exits and is much harder to control especially at night.
Yes, I've had offers of 'making him vanish' but that's not me. I will pursue the case through my lawyer in BKK and with the help of Paweena Hongsakul (google her) and hopefully, he'll get put away and the Hua Hin police will be taken to task. The sentence for this is a minimum of 7 years (longer because he has children of his own).
Then I'll have a very disturbed 13 yr old to contend with who threatens to kill herself!!
Wish me luck.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I can really sympathise for you as I have a young daughter, it must be one of the worst things to have to deal with.
I think you really only have two options here you say he has been given a slap maybe he needs a more heavy approach and a proper good beating from a couple of Thai lads that will make him want to get the hell out of town.
Or get your Thai lawyer to pay a high ranking cop and prosecutor to give him the maximum sentence possible under Thai law.

Unfortunately your daughter has had a massive impression made on her and is now sexually active if you get rid of this vile peace of crap out of her life there's a strong possibility that she will form another relationship with a much older person or completely rebel against you.

I wish you luck with this issue as however it manifests its self, its not going to be easy.

Kendo.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Well I'm glad you never took my post the wrong way, and believe me, I really do feel for you, and I really do wish you the best of luck. I also hope I am spared from having to deal with anything similar in a few years time when my daughters reach their teens.

Your biggest challenge of course, is trying to to get your daughter to see sense. As you've no doubt already discovered, you can't keep her under lock and key 24/7. If she is determined to see this guy she is going to see him no matter what she has to do. I was a problem child myself and based on my own personal experience, the more you try to "force" her into doing things your way, the more she'll resist.

Your other challenge is the fact that there seems to be a sort of tolerance towards this sort of thing in Thailand. A lot of Thais disapprove, but that's where it ends, as you have seen with the local police.

If you don't mind me asking, are you the biological father, and is her boyfriend Thai or Farang?

Anyway, if you run out of options, I might know two or three policemen who would probably be able to have the guy arrested or scared away. Personally, that would be my last option because I don't like asking police for favors, even if they are my "friends".

Best of luck mate. :cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

How long ago did you report this to HH MiB..?
Only asking this Q. because (yet again) there's a new police chief in charge, & it seems at the moment he's on a 'clean-up' mission.
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

The new chief is one who led the recent drug bust, he was previously chief in HH before being transferred to Prachuap Kiri Khan and now he is back.
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
TempName
Novice
Novice

Post by TempName »

Thanks for you post, Takiab. Yes I'm the biological father. She's Luuk Krung born in the UK. The guy is a low-life Thai who lives by the railway line which should tell you a lot! Her mother has left for Europe today, so she's back with me which is going to cause me a lot of challenges.
US, First made the complaint to the police 31st March and several times over the following few weeks before giving up on them around a month ago. They have already denied that any report was made!!! I haven't been back since the new chief was installed. Maybe worth another try.

Thanks for your wishes of good luck. I'm going to need it.
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Post by sand_dancer »

@ TempName......

You have been given good advice from Takiab and others..... You have to deal with the situation as you see fit......

Through your posts on this thread...... You have probably identified yourself through this forum to the HH Police......

It might not be the best place to air your displeasure..... Or determination to take them to task through Bangkok Authorities......

Watch your 6......
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Just from reading another thread it looks like the new chief means business get a lawyer to make the complant on your behalf and that you want a result from this.

Kendo.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Hard one to sort out. Even IF the guy says he did not know her age he has carried on since pointed out to him so statutory rape. Hope gets what he deserves. With so may women on the planet there is no excuse for targeting those that are underage.

Thinking back there were many girls at my school sexually active at that age with much older boys and men twice their age. The parents tried to ban it or kept them in. Of course they would sneak out or bunk off school. The most sensible parents IMHO opinion dragged them down the family planning clinic where an independent person( Who listens to their parents at that age) could explain the dangers of STD, pregnancy, cervical cancer increased risk etc. And make sure they are taking precautions at the very least. Some might say that is encouraging such activity but once the apple has been bitten you can't expect someone to wait several years before the next bite.

Good Luck

Crazy 88