Is a foreign baby born here entitled to Thai passport?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Is a foreign baby born here entitled to Thai passport?

Post by Bristolian »

Big Boy wrote:I've got a letter from the Thai Embassy confirming that it is legal. OK, I know this is Thailand, and what one official might say could be different to the rest, but circumstances mean that it suits me to believe what they've told me :wink: .
I have no reason to doubt you.... The Thai authorities; now that's a different story.

Simply stay under the radar as your son is doing. It's always the best plan. What they don't see...... :cheers:
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Exactly :wink:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

As I've said on another thread, Abhiset openly declares himself with dual nationality. Thaksin has god knows how many passports and one very high up is dual nationality US/Thai. I think it's a bit like the rule of a Hackney Cab carrying a bale of hay in the back for the horse (UK). Still a law as it hasn't been rescinded.