Ending relationships with Thai women

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Big Boy

Re: Thai Women

Post by Big Boy »

No :wink: .
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
deepee
Guru
Guru

Post by deepee »

Call me old fashioned please, shouldn't your utmost priority be your two kids here?. Whatever decisions you do make should come back to what will do the least harm to them in my book.
Complexity is so simply overrated
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

deepee wrote:Call me old fashioned please, . . . . .
You're old fashioned!!! :wink:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Arlo wrote:
richard wrote:Age has nowt to do with it

Young farang with fat wallet and Thai lady......ok
Young farang with thin wallet and Thai lady.....not ok
Old farang with fat wallet and Thai lady..........ok
Old farang with thin wallet and Thai lady.........not ok
Simple really and basic Thai lady logic
Yes this is logic for most ladies that hang out in beer bars selling there goods. Richard if you were to hangout other places than binta and soi 80 you might meet people that aren't after your money. There are a lot of good Thais, men and woman out there that are not just looking for money.
Have to agree with this.

Richard, I'm not having a pop here but you should really indulge yourself and visit some, let's say, more upmarket places. It's a little unfair the way you tar the whole lot... :?
Last edited by GLCQuantum on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I'm reluctant to get involved in this debate. After 18 years of marriage. She's 20 years my junior. She bought a bar (with help from my bank) and met a guy 30 years younger than me (10 years her junior).
Since we split and divorced, she has been to court many times only to find the law does not favour either Thai or Farang. She still thinks she's above the law and has no respect for the court (but that will change if it kills me). I have both my daughters, 12 and 15, 100 percent of the time which doesn't make me a 'part time Dad'. The point of my post is that she's just announced that she's moving out of Hua Hin to Bangkok and doesn't want to see me or her daughters EVER. So as the title of this thread is 'Thai Women', I would say that there are some that care of nothing but themselves and family means nothing. Money is much more important.

Been apart for 5 years and bringing up the girls alone. Another girl friend? No way. It's never going to happen.

Be careful out there you guys.
KhunJohn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KhunJohn »

Korkenzieher wrote:Well, after 12 years - ages 38 and 24! - the relative age difference should be less of a factor than it was. It certainly didn't prevent the OP and Mrs OP getting Jiggy, and producing 2 daughters. I would have to instinctively conclude this is more about her adjusting to her age - rather than yours - and perhaps she is beginning to feel she is losing her youth.

It is hard to believe that all the cards are on the table here. That makes it hard to comment without speculating - perhaps wildly (however... :D ) : maybe she is feeling culturally isolated; maybe she fears losing her looks, or fertility, maybe she suspects you are not playing fair by her. It could be almost anything - but I struggle to accept that any mother of 2 would up stakes and split up her family without there being something more fundamental than wanting to spend time with a younger man. And it is hard to believe that you live in grinding poverty - so I can only guess at what her expectation is there! If it was as simple as that, she would have just had an affair. It all seems far too shallow and cynical - and clinical - to be as simple as that.

You have raised a number of excellent points. And some of them are true such as the culture issue. I am not sure what I could have done to change the outcome and still have regrets about how it did end up.
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

Take you time about meeting another woman whether she is Thai or any other nationality.
At least 3 years to 5 years to get over your first wife. If you have the money to stay in Thailand
then just relax and look around at one of the the market places., or one of the hospitals, Nurses are very friendly and talkative as well. I met some friendly single women working at many of the hotels as well. A word of caution. I met a lovely Thai woman and married her, then a couple of years later along came a sister and moved in with us, a few years later another sister came and lives with
us. Watch out for the possible extra Thai family! Having more than one woman in the place just means a good chance of getting an even bigger headache.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Stargeezer wrote:I met a lovely Thai woman and married her, then a couple of years later along came a sister and moved in with us, a few years later another sister came and lives with
us.
doesn't sound like too much of a problem to me! :D
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Sorry, can't resist this Richard...
Did you forget in your list....
Fat farang with thin wallet with fat Thai lady
Thin farang with fat wallet with fat Thai lady
:duck: Ooops I am getting confused :naughty:
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Siani wrote:

Sorry, can't resist this Richard...
Did you forget in your list....
Fat farang with thin wallet with fat Thai lady
Thin farang with fat wallet with fat Thai lady
:duck: Ooops I am getting confused :naughty:

I'm even more confused, and I can only think that something must have gone drastically wrong in my case......

Thin farang with no wallet with good looking young Thai lady..............OK

13 years and counting. :cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I'm even more confused, and I can only think that something must have gone drastically wrong in my case......

Thin farang with no wallet with good looking young Thai lady..............OK

13 years and counting. :cheers:
Me too!

Fat farang with thin wallet and good looking younger Thai lady..............OK :?

Soon to be 18 years!
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

HHF.......from what I've heard and seen you do not have a thin wallet :) :duck:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

^ I do, and it is BECAUSE of being married to a "good looking younger Thai lady" for almost 18 years! :wink:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Hi KJ it's a sad fact that relationships run their corse it's life, regardless of being mixed race or more traditional like here in the UK the devorce rate is very high.
Your main consideration and focus should be with you're children and after a good period of time maybe a year or two you will feel ready for meeting someone I would just chill and not even consider where or when,right now just find contentment being single.
Good luck anyway.

Kendo. :thumb:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Ending relationships with Thai women

Post by oakdale160 »

Remember----YAPFS--- you always pay for sex. 1000 to a short time friend or buy her a house, car, support family. Up to you farang!