What can we learn from living in Thailand?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
nanyang
Professional
Professional

Re: What can we learn here?

Post by nanyang »

caller wrote:
nanyang wrote:And where would the 'Good ole USA' be today if your suggestions were adopted by the, then, indigenous population.

Your post is both racist and ill informed.
Do you mean the Indians? Nope, didn't think so.
You, clearly, have a problem, amongst other aspects of the English language, in understanding the word - INDIGENOUS.
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Re: What can we learn from living in Thailand?

Post by sand_dancer »

nanyang
I suggest that you extract your head from your 'rear end'.

I was merely trying to point out, a point that you missed, that generalizations are nonsense.

How would you expect someone who is uneducated to be 'skilled'?

They need opportunities and encouragement to be able to contribute, positively, to their environment.

You are, in my opinion, an ill educated bigot who needs to be aware of - 'the truth'.
Let me make myself clear.....

I have no need to extract my head from anywhere...... It was me who split Immigrants into 2 camps.... Those that contribute...... And those that do not...... I did not make ANY generalization.....

I do not expect anyone.... Who is uneducated.... To be skilled...... Get off your high horse and re-read my post.......

While there is a mass of " Indigenous Brits " unemployed...... Then NO Immigrant...... Of ANY Nationality..... Creed..... Colour or Religion...... Should be in employment in the UK......

Again..... If that is too hard for you to swallow..... I dont really give a fcuk.....
nanyang
Professional
Professional

Post by nanyang »

sand_dancer wrote:nanyang
I suggest that you extract your head from your 'rear end'.

I was merely trying to point out, a point that you missed, that generalizations are nonsense.

How would you expect someone who is uneducated to be 'skilled'?

They need opportunities and encouragement to be able to contribute, positively, to their environment.

You are, in my opinion, an ill educated bigot who needs to be aware of - 'the truth'.
Let me make myself clear.....

While there is a mass of " Indigenous Brits " unemployed...... Then NO Immigrant...... Of ANY Nationality..... Creed..... Colour or Religion...... Should be in employment in the UK......

Again..... If that is too hard for you to swallow..... I dont really give a fcuk.....
I'll attempt to keep this thread in existence in order that others might stumble upon the fact that that you are one despicable individual.
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Post by sand_dancer »

Nanyang

[quoteI'll attempt to keep this thread in existence in order that others might stumble upon the fact that that you are one despicable individual.][/quote]

Please re-read what my posts have said.....

If there is something there that makes me "Despicable" I will hold my hands up.......

I do not believe there is......

Do the Aussies not do something similar.....? If you want to employ anyone other than an Aussie..... Then you better have a damn good reason...... Like no suitably qualified Aussies.....

Dont know what your getting your panties in a twist about...... If your quite happy for your taxes to pay for undesirables...... That is your concern......
buksida

Post by buksida »

Image :offtopic: please children.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
nanyang
Professional
Professional

Post by nanyang »

I suggest you re-read your earlier posts, which contain such comments as:

and then try to persuade me that you are not a racist - or am I 'quoting' you out of context -- as they say?
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Post by sand_dancer »

but there MUST be some positive things about this culture and the way they do things that would benefit us to embrace and practice?
There sure is.....

I dont have to pay a fortune in tax....... To keep " Uneducated " " Unskilled " and highly undesirable Immigrants in benefits in the UK......
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Post by sand_dancer »

Nanyang
The Immigrants who are educated..... Skilled...... And contribute to UK society are to be welcomed......

And then you have Immigrants who are uneducated..... Unskilled...... And who are nothing but a drain on society....... These people should be made unwelcome and generally..... Robustly encouraged to go home.....
There is my full quote......

If you want to find something racist in that quote..... Be my guest....
Again..... I see nothing racist in the above quote...... Common sense......
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

There are clearly different sections of immigration....and being true to the OP's question about what we can learn from here, then dare I say immigration policy is one of them....maybe not in all it's forms here, but generally regarding most could perhaps gives pointers to the way forward in other places.

I am an immigrant....but am educated, qualified to do my job, pay taxes, married to a local woman, spend my earnings here (as opposed to sending remittances back to my home country) plus import finance from abroad via the ATM, contribute to Thai society by assisting in the education of young people at one of the top 10 universities in Thailand, buy a house and learn the language....and on and on and on.....I integrate to the fullest possible extent. That doesn't happen in most places and the Thai system is fairly forgiving to people like me.

Immigration such as this is to be tolerated, encouraged and commended. The Thai system will not allow the spongers to proliferate here as it knows it cannot afford it....which has it's merits due to the fact they have enough poverty to alleviate already regarding the indigenous population. They are simply protecting themselves and saying you are welcome if can contribute, spend without working or be a tourist for the short term.

Europe has screwed itself by taking an unaffordable/lofty and 'high and mighty' attitude that it simply cannot afford to perpetuate in the long term.

As said by someone else.....immigration is to be welcomed if they can contribute......spongers/deadbeats are the scourge of modern western society. The fluffy liberal tweed-jacketed brigade needs to be put into check and extracted from La La Land.

Thailand simply forwards that you must be rich, work, open a business or be a tourist and then Thailand benefits. Can't fault them for that really imo. I guess it's their way of 'keeping a lid on it all' in a culturally acceptable way.

:cheers:
Last edited by Spitfire on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Post by sand_dancer »

As said by someone else.....immigration is to be welcomed if they can contribute......spongers/deadbeats are the scourge of modern western society. The fluffy liberal tweed-jacketed brigade needs to be put into check and extracted from La La Land.
Thank you spitfire......

I do not work in Thailand...... But Thailand greatly benefits from the large amount of tax I no longer pay to the UK......

nanyang
Professional
Professional

Post by nanyang »

sand_dancer wrote:
Thank you spitfire......

I do not work in Thailand...... But Thailand greatly benefits from the large amount of tax I no longer pay to the UK......

One day you will get old - hopefully, by then, you will have gained some sense.
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

The 'bum spray' is a much more effective tool than tissue paper.
nanyang
Professional
Professional

Post by nanyang »

Frank Hovis wrote:The 'bum spray' is a much more effective tool than tissue paper.
And your message, in plain English, says ?
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Post by sand_dancer »

Nanyang
One day you will get old - hopefully, by then, you will have gained some sense.
I did..... That is why I left the UK....
The 'bum spray' is a much more effective tool than tissue paper.
Something that Thailand taught him.....
And your message, in plain English, says ?[/quote

Just because your paranoid...... Does not mean they are not out to get you.......
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Perhaps so Mr. Frank, and if I'm making the right inference here, then........I'm often amazed the idea of the 'bum spray gun' has not spread to western countries as a clean accessory for the bathroom on a large scale. It's not as if it would be difficult to implement and has to be a better option than the 'paper only' one, both together is the answer......lol.

:?

:thumb:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol