TMT - this maybe Thailand

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Big Boy

Re: TMT - this maybe Thailand

Post by Big Boy »

sargeant wrote:sorry BB i couldnt resist it

are you actually asking us to watch paint dry :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D
Sorry Sarge, missed that one. Waiting for the first guy, it would have to be very slow paint. :wink:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Temporary repair done. Apparently too big a job for a full repair (he didn't have the right tools with him). Cost of temporary repair nothing, and no matter how persuasive Mrs BB was he wouldn't take a tip either.

He has stopped the leak pending the original man sobering up.

Temporary repairman had a good look around and said we have mice in the loft attacking the wiring :shock: - exterminator will be here at 10 tomorrow morning. :guns:

Points 41; Position 18
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Welcome to home ownership in Thailand BB. I'm very happy renting at the moment as even though I still get crap work done on the home (as in the above photo), it's not mine and I don't have to pay, so I really don't care or worry about it as I did when it was my house.

Scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on the home I used to own cost me about the same that my rent does now but now I have none of the hassle or stress. Any problem; call the owner and no cost to me other than the phone minute for the call. (The owner does all the scheduled maintenance too, including watering and cutting the lawn and monthly pest control)! :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HHF, I've generally been very impressed with Thai workmen. 2 of our regulars are always p*ssed out of their minds, but they do a good job when they can stand up/see straight. OK, they may take a little longer, but they're great fun to watch (especially on scaffolding) - I call them the Chuckle Brothers.

My house is a bit like Piccadilly Circus at the moment. The original roofing man has turned up with 2 mates - seems sober to me. They're doing the business now :D

Points 41; Position 18
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I hope you have a good outcome. :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Job done - cost was again, a big fat zero. Mrs BB must be losing her touch - couldn't persuade them to take a tip either.

Final words as they left the house - we're sure we've fixed it, but if there's still a problem, please call us back.

So, it's a case of all's well that ends well. What about yesterday, I hear you ask? Well, this guy is a roofer, and he probably thought his day's work was over when the heavens opened. So why not have a drink?

Today? Probably slept off his hangover, and waited for the rain to stop.

I'm very pleased - I just hope we get some megga rain in the next few days to test it.

Points 41; Position 18
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

You lucky lucky barsteward You lucky lucky barsteward

I have been here 16 years i have prayed for rain for my garden i have tried every religion i have rain danced done merit and spent days in temples I have tried everything short of human sacrifice and not a drizzle dribble splash or drop nothing nana buggerall :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
You have only been here a short while
I'm very pleased - I just hope we get some megga rain in the next few days to test it.
and all night never let up for a second thunder lightening and mega rain buckets of the stuff

so who did you sacrifice
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:wink:

Points 41; Position 18
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

For me, TiT is really about dumb and illogical stuff or corrupt bozos who have you by the shorts or retards pretending to know what they don't but incapable of admitting it because of face.
Good service and kind-hearted people are here, you just have to get through the TiT idiots to find it.
Happiness can't buy money
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

We had a roof leak (or two) every year we lived in our house. Every year we would supposedly get it fixed by a different roofer. Next rainy season the leak would show up again in either the same or a new place. We did have a complex roof with two levels; part of the home single story and the rest of it two story and lots of hips and gulleys and vents to let hot air out of the attic, so if you have a simpler roof maybe you'll have better luck. Plus, I don't think the original roofer used by our (cowboy) builder was competent.

I used to dread rain, now I love and look forward to it. :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Unfortunately, our roof is very large/comlex for a small home. Time will tell as to the effectiveness of the repair, but at zero cost, I can't complain too much :wink: .

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

What did the roof rat guy use BB, poison bait or traps? I ask as I clobbered one up in ours a few weeks ago by accident, but I'm afraid the rest of his family may be up there as well. :( Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It looked like a bag full of pebbles/decorative bars of soap that he literally threw around the roof space. I guess they were blocks of poison.

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote:It looked like a bag full of pebbles/decorative bars of soap that he literally threw around the roof space. I guess they were blocks of poison.
OK, that's good to know as I can do that myself. My only fear with that approach is decomposing carcasses smelling up the place but.......with the heat up there I guess they'll dry out very quickly. Mummy mouse? :alien: :laugh: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I don't think the lifespan of a mouse is that long (about a year), so I guess there will have been a few corpses already.

Points 41; Position 18