How Much Do You Drink?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.

How Much Do You Drink?

I drink like a fish and enjoy it
7%
I have a few big bottles or the like a day
26%
I enjoy a single glass of wine, a bottle or a mixed liquor a day
7%
I get hammered at the weekends but don't drink weekdays
7%
I only enjoy a few drinks at the weekend
19%
Only on special occasions
19%
Nah! That poison is not for me
15%

Total votes: 27

GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: How Much Do You Drink?

Post by GLCQuantum »

Pleng wrote:As my brother once put it, "A cold beer on a warm sunny day is one of the simplest pleasures". Lot of warm, sunny days in Thailand.
So true Pleng. Back in the UK, I only had a beer during special occasions, but the weather here seems to compliment the cold beer oh so nicely while doing a bit of people watching. The old 'Boat' restaurant by the bus station was always perfect for that over the weekend. I always pop in to visit Tom and Gee in their new place when I'm around, but the people watching just aint the same where they are at now.

I do pity the guys who are nursing their Chang at 10 in the morning whilst I am passing through the bar area. Each to their own I guess.

:cheers:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

As far as behavioral changes are concerned..........I've actually never managed to puzzle out how/why some people get aggressive when they drink. I go from sober to talkative to a bit daft, and then to sleep.

I read in some medical study where your true personality (or feelings at the time) comes out when you drink because you lose your inhibitions and therefore the ability to hide your feelings. That's why there are happy drunks, sad drunks, and mean or violent drunks. It's already the way they feel and the alcohol just lets them show their true self.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
buksida

Post by buksida »

I've always viewed it as being an amplifier of your current mood, if you're stressed or angry you'll get more so with drink, if you're happy and in a good mind you'll be the life and soul, enjoy the ride (until the next morning anyway)!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

GLCQuantum wrote:
Pleng wrote:As my brother once put it, "A cold beer on a warm sunny day is one of the simplest pleasures". Lot of warm, sunny days in Thailand.
So true Pleng. Back in the UK, I only had a beer during special occasions, but the weather here seems to compliment the cold beer oh so nicely while doing a bit of people watching.
I agree and disagree. In the British summer, when it appears, you tend to go out and have a beer with the sun shining on your face, roasting up nicely if you've forgotten to put on your sun cream! :)

Here you tend to sit in the shade and the humidity brings an all together different feeling. Both very nice, but if I had to choose between the sun-on-the-face and cold beer, or shady-area cold beer I'd probably choose the former. Of course choosing 'sun-face-cold-beer available for 5 weeks of the year and at 220bt a pint' against 'shardy-area-cold-beer' available pretty much 24/7 at half the price is a different matter all together and pretty much a no brainer! :)