Police Set Ups Still Alive and Kicking

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Police Set Ups Still Alive and Kicking

Post by GLCQuantum »

As many of you members already know, I often enjoy the calming effects of one of nature's little gifts (viewtopic.php?f=35&t=21605). For this reason I am sometimes in a dodgy position when trying to aquire said product. Due to the ridiculous laws that keep the plant illegal, I have to deal with characters that I would rather not have to.

So this little experience happened last Friday. A taxi driver I had met had been pestering me throughout the week to try and buy some weed from him. My gut feeling told me that something was wrong so I stopped picking up the phone to him.
After school Friday, the teachers always sit around the local shop and sink a few beers. The guy in question had phoned three or four times during the thirst quenching, but I still wasn't answering him. It was time to go and I saw a guy flagging me down on the other side of the road. On closer inspection I could see that it was 'Taxi Guy' (don't know his name). So over the road I go and ask him what's up.

"I have the stuff that you like", says he.

"Okay, let's have a look", says I, the consumed beer having thrown out my earlier gut feeling and replaced it with bloated one.

So in my hand goes his product. 'Hmmm... what's this', I think as I glance at the packet of white powder and three tablets (two red one green) in my hand, but before I could say 'Monkey House', a fat arm of the law had come from behind and pinned me to the ground. Luckily for I, the stuff was in my hand and we were standing on a drain so I give the drugs to the local rats for them to enjoy. Phone and money stolen from my pockets, handcuffed and bundled into the car is I, and off to the police station we go.
On the way to the station I wasn't cooperating with the two 'police' and, with them already angered having not been able to succesfully plant the drugs, they slapped me around a little to try and get me to say what they wanted me to say. This wasn't going to happen so this went on for another twenty minutes or so.
We arrive at the police station and I'm taken upstairs where I get to see the last arrestees giving their bottle of Johnnie Walker Red to the nice policeman as a 'thank you'. I'm taken to the toilet to give a urine sample - clean. Now the 'police' that arrested me are really pissed off as they have nothing on me so... they leave the station with my phone and money in tow.
I sit reading the newspaper and smoking cigarettes for another couple of hours while the night staff are trying to establish what exactly happened. Once they finally click, 'Set Up Police' and 'Taxi Guy' are now looked for to be arrested. The balls now in my court! :D
The street dogs are found and told to return my possesions. They try and give me a smashed Galaxy SI saying it broke in the fall and it's my fault. My phone is an SIII and a different colour to what the street dogs were trying to make me take. Now the good police are really getting pissed off with the street dogs and demand that they go and find the real phone. After another hour or so, my phone is eventually returned, but my money not. At this point I just want to get home, my Friday night has been trampled on by some crooks and I need a nice big :rasta: . The good police were ushing me to press charges, but I wasn't up for it.
Anyhow, my place of employment found out about this and were not happy one bit that I didn't press charges. So on Tuesday we were back in the station speaking to the Superintendent (a friend of the school director) explaining what happened and I got an apology from him (A hi-so apologising to a lo'ish'-so... that's a first for me :D ) and the dogs in question will 'be spoken to' (code word for 'Let's try and brush this under the carpet'.

So all ended well in what could have been a very sticky situation.

The moral of this story: Grow your own weed. :wink:

Edit: apologies for any typos. lazy to go through it.
Last edited by GLCQuantum on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Re: Police Set Ups Still Alive and Kicking

Post by MrPlum »

GLCQuantum wrote:The moral of this story: Grow your own weed. :wink:
Or stay off the booze.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

You deserved all you got for breaking the law and giving back chat
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

And you're a teacher????
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

richard wrote:You deserved all you got for breaking the law and giving back chat
Erm... yes. Thanks for that then Richard. Did you actually read my post? :?
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Terry wrote:And you're a teacher????
Oh gawd here we go again! :roll:

So it's okay for teachers to get legless down the bars on Fridays and Saturdays but... that guy who likes to sit in his room with a nice movie, a bit of grub and a plant is a nasty piece of work!

Your age really shows there Terry.

:cheers:

Edit: By the way, both the police and the school are aware of my plant use as it was asked during the meeting with the Superintendent as I had to explain how I knew the 'Taxi Guy' in the first place and what I thought it was that I was being given.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

GLCQuantum wrote:
richard wrote:You deserved all you got for breaking the law and giving back chat
Oh sorry. I got it wrong.

You're a fine upstanding guest of this country and as a teacher a perfect role model. Humble apologies :bow: :butt:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Naff all to do with my age son.

Just common sense - which you seem to lack.

GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

richard wrote:
GLCQuantum wrote:
Oh sorry. I got it wrong.

You're a fine upstanding guest of this country and as a teacher a perfect role model. Humble apologies :bow: :butt:
Yes Richard because I really do teach the children that cigarettes and alcohol are bad but a little bit of weed is Ok. :roll: Think about what you write before you write it. I wasn't on TV here to discuss teaching techniques... really it was to discuss which is the best type of bong.

GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Terry wrote:Naff all to do with my age son.

With that I agree to a point. That Friday I did have a sudden lapse in common sense and I should have just walked on. Unfortunately, alcohol never really gets the best out of me. :wink:

Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

So it's okay for teachers to get legless down the bars on Fridays and Saturdays but... that guy who likes to sit in his room with a nice movie, a bit of grub and a plant is a nasty piece of work!
In the eyes of the law, Yes.
Only one of you is breaking the law and that'd be you.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

GLCQuantum wrote:

With that I agree to a point. That Friday I did have a sudden lapse in common sense and I should have just walked on. Unfortunately, alcohol never really gets the best out of me. :wink:

You might also have been wiser to keep the incident to yourself - no need to profess to the world your misdemeanours?
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

I understand you there Frank. Actually, weed usage is becoming more of simple slap on the wrist than anything else (unless you have large amounts or are selling it).

The point I was making is how you act while drinking yourself stupid and how you act with a small roll up. I know which guy I'd rather have teaching my kid... the one who hasn't been up to god knows what and suffering from a hangover. (actually I'd prefer the tee-total one tbh :wink: )

Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

You are so amazingly cool
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Dannie Boy wrote:
GLCQuantum wrote:

You might also have been wiser to keep the incident to yourself - no need to profess to the world your misdemeanours?
Only to generate discussion. I have no shame in openly admitting that I use a plant as I enjoy it's calming effects. Most people I know know this (my boss included) and I'm not shy when talking about the plant as... I don't see there is anything wrong with using it from time to time.