Where did you meet your Thai wife?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.

How many of you met your Thai wife in a bar?

I met my wife in a bar/happily married
21%
I met my wife in a bar/not happily married
3%
I didn't meet my wife in a bar/happily married (mention where)
48%
I didn't meet my wife in a bar/not happily married (mention where)
3%
Not married
15%
Other - please explain
9%

Total votes: 33

Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Where did you meet your Thai wife?

Post by Dr Mike »

Lets take a poll of the happily married men on the forum. How many of you met your wife in a bar?
nanyang
Professional
Professional

Re: Finding a Good 'Farang'

Post by nanyang »

Dr Mike wrote:Lets take a poll of the happily married men on the forum. How many of you met your wife in a bar?
So your question is, "How many happily married men are married to an ex-whore?"

The point of your question is?

Developing your curiosity why not ask:

How many men met and married a virgin?

How many men are happily married to a woman who had many relationships but she provided her service(s) free of charge?

Dr. Mike, you are capable of better than this.
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

Dump my previous post--I was motivated by posts that were recommending that the lady spend times in bars looking for a good man. I am convinced that this may not best best place to find such a man.
curlybaggie

Post by curlybaggie »

i think thats a good idea for a new thread Dr Mike, go for it mate.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I met the three loves of my life in library, an elevator and a supermarket.
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Where did you meet your Thai wife?

Post by sargeant »

Only one option rules me out from voting as i am a serial divorcee

1st Thai wife met her in a discotheque in Germany married 13 years (older than me) (she would not leave the UK)
2nd Thai wife met her in a cafe in Cha Am together 12 years only married for the last year (age difference she was 18 years my junior) (Addicted gambler)
3rd Thai wife married 2 fantastically happy years and now on third she was my caddie for 2.5 years (age difference 33 years younger than me )

The first 2 were happy for a longish period but went pear shaped due to OUTSIDE influences

Nanyang using the word whore speaks a lot more about your mindset than the girls
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
BOZ
Professional
Professional

Post by BOZ »

My wife was one of the sales reps on my account at the hotel I used for my conferences in Asia... We knew each other 5yrs before we started dating, married 3 yrs later :D ,,, couldn't be happier, :cheers: everything I could have asked for in a life long companion!!! Brains, looks, sweetness and great outlook on life... Enjoys all my hobbies, flying, riding, scuba and golf... Definitely a keeper!!!!! :D
Boz

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Post by splitlid »

oakdale160 wrote:I met the three loves of my life in library, an elevator and a supermarket.
fat was they? :P
"All the otters don't understand me"
"We might make you bother"
JamesMunn
Novice
Novice

Post by JamesMunn »

Just as a side thought on this - there are many people round the world that meet their wives in bars and various other establishments of similar persuasions whether they are in Asia, America, Europe or where ever.

Being happy depends on the couple and their ability to understand and communicate with each other properly and also if one of those people is not honest about their intentions (and these sort of people come from EVERYWHERE, not just Thailand)

Therefore I deem your question to be invalid on the grounds off - who cares where people met!!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

JamesMunn wrote:Just as a side thought on this - there are many people round the world that meet their wives in bars and various other establishments of similar persuasions whether they are in Asia, America, Europe or where ever.

Being happy depends on the couple and their ability to understand and communicate with each other properly and also if one of those people is not honest about their intentions (and these sort of people come from EVERYWHERE, not just Thailand)

Therefore I deem your question to be invalid on the grounds off - who cares where people met!!
:agree:

It's about communication, trust and the ability to know where one's partner is coming from. When trying to delve into one's partners past first take a long searching look in the mirror before casting doubts and aspersions
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Macphail
Novice
Novice

Post by Macphail »

Met my first Thai wife in "Cowboy" unmitigated disaster......divorced within one year. Met my Wife through some Thai friends, never worked in the "service industry" and never had a boyfriend and no she is not ugly!
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

:agree: Richard

quote James Munn
who cares where people met!
:agree: James

However this is a forum and people are sort of conversing and many topics come up

What i find MINDBOGGLING is why in hell is there a vote for NOT MARRIED and even stranger are the two that voted not married
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

sargeant wrote:What i find MINDBOGGLING is why in hell is there a vote for NOT MARRIED and even stranger are the two that voted not married
Guilty as charged :oops: .

When Dr Mike declined to finish what he'd started, and unusually a moderator's request to get back to topic was ignored, I was left with 2 options:

- Delete the off-topic items. We rarely delete anything on this forum.

- Finish what Dr Mike had started.

I decided upon the second option, which meant me putting in the Poll options. Now, you've probably noticed that Polls usually end up with a couple of clever dicks stealing the thread with a debate on the missing options. As a result, I went for for overkill. This time there's a clever dick moaning because there are too many options :D Yes, it is overkill, but with a purpose. Please ignore any options that are not applicable :wink:

:offtopic:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

sargeant wrote:Nanyang using the word whore speaks a lot more about your mindset than the girls
I think Nanyang was just calling 'a spade a spade' but evidently lacks the vocabulary and intellect to call them by a more 'polite' term.

My experiences with bar girls were mostly bad tbh (just the two many many moons ago) The first I was with for a year. Bad tempered, foul mouthed and mannered and, sorry to say, not that sharp so any conversation of any kind was lacking somewhat. The second was worse than the first. Wanted everything but gave nothing. She thought I was the devil reincarnate for suggesting she find a job, not so she could contribute to anything, but so she could have a life outside of sitting at home, cooking food, cleaning and pretending that she truly loved me rather than the stability in life I had afforded her.

After you get past the initial lust, there wasn't really much else holding the relationship together apart from the stability I offered them. If I wanted to be known as 'the guy who puts a roof over my head' I'd have adopted an orphan already. Each to their own... just not my cup of tea at all.

Anyways, happy as happy can be at the moment and taking it easy.

There are so many fish in the sea here, that you really don't need to venture into the red light area to find yourself a girlfriend. Speaking the old lingo helps but I suspect the reason some guys choose bar girls is a lack of confidence from whatever had happened to them in their home country to warrant a move here. That was partly my problem. Big break up in the UK which nearly bankrupted me at the time, came over here to be called handsome man and... "hey, I'm game". It's only after a little while that you understand that it's all false. Saying that, the girls from the bar can grow to love you during marriage. I have a few friends who now understand that the girl didn't sincerely love them at the time of marriage but they, in some cases, have grown to love them from living together for a long time (think 15 years). This is a very rare occurance I believe.

As I said... each to their own.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
nanyang
Professional
Professional

Post by nanyang »

sargeant wrote:Nanyang using the word whore speaks a lot more about your mindset than the girls
To make your futile point you should have inserted a comma after Nanyang hence:

Nanyang, using the word whore speaks a lot more about your mindset than the girls.