New Construction questions?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Chas
Banned
Banned

New Construction questions?

Post by Chas »

I notice that "haw nalika" is being reconstructed . . or at least they are building something right there next to Starbucks. Anybody know what it is?
Another mystery is the conversion of that "garage" as you head north, just before Palm Hills on the left. ( We are betting on another furniture store. ..which we really need or an optician mega-mall in case the three dozen opticians now in Hua Hin are too busy to serve you.)

Unrelated question/comment. The municipality here seems intent on fixing things up to improve the town. ..median plantings are really lovely, paint scheme failed, but many places look much better, Xmas lights are really pretty and I see new sidewalks going in arond the PO. Why don't they do something about that really dreadful public toilet/bath on the main path to the beach for which Hua Hin is famous?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Not sure that HH is famous for a toilet, but I agree with your points. Not sure whats going on at the Clocktower, probably another coffee shop or property outlet. :roll:

All I do know is that new stuff is going up every week, its shocking when you have a long weekend away, come back and theres a new shop thats suddenly appeared.

A definate tide of development is sweeping the town.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Chas
Banned
Banned

famous toilet

Post by Chas »

Why don't they do something about that really dreadful public toilet/bath on the main path to the beach for which Hua Hin is famous?

The "famous" is attached to the beach NOT the toilet. ..my meaning would probably be cleared up by the proper use of a comma there. . but I would not doubt that it reached the "in-famous" level in not a few people's minds. I won't go in there again, I'll tell you that.

The surly rascals who run it just love to embarass tourists who have no clue even what to pay to enter ( it depends 1. on what they think they can extract, 2. what they think you are going to do in there, and then 3. what they think you actually DID ) and as there is no price list anywhere you are totally at their mercy. Besides the place is ugly AND a pigsty.

Possibly the worst public facility that I often have to use , while we are on the subject here, is the one in that plaza at Victory Monument where the vans stop in Bangkok. . .near the steps up to the BTS. They fixed up the plaza a while ago. . .but the rest rooms are untouched and dismal.