Do you get that look(Dirty sexpat )?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Re: Do you get that look(Dirty sexpat )?

Post by Name Taken »

sateeb wrote:Mind you, I have only had such looks from unattractive, overweight, western women, who would have difficulty getting a man in any country. I think they are just jealous and vindictive.
There's no shortage of unattractive, nasty 200+ pound women in the US.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

sateeb wrote:Mind you, I have only had such looks from unattractive, overweight, western women, who would have difficulty getting a man in any country. .
Maybe those unattractive, overweight western women are thinking the same?
That those unattractive, overweight western men would have difficulty getting a woman in any other country outside of Asia?

Just a thought :idea: :mrgreen:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
traveller2
Professional
Professional

Post by traveller2 »

Like many of you, im in my late 40's in still in good shape. My wife and I holiday in the HH area most years and love it. However, my wife likes to sunbathe and relax a lot in the sun whilst I do not so much. So I tend to go out and find alternative things to do (nothing involving sex, I hasten to add). Ive been asked many times by Thai's if im looking for girl or here to find a new girl, even by people who know im married.
A couple of people who have asked me this question have, after knowing and seeing the both of us for a while, told me they now understand why im out alone. They understand that im not into the laying around in the sun thing and they understand I enjoy learning about their culture.
They also told me I am very lucky to have a wife that allows me to do this on my own (damned right!).
So I guess, in Thai culture, married couples go out together mostly, when they have spare time and not on their own?

t2
wysiwyg (what you see is what you get)
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

redzonerocker wrote:
sateeb wrote:Mind you, I have only had such looks from unattractive, overweight, western women, who would have difficulty getting a man in any country. .
That those unattractive, overweight western men would have difficulty getting a woman in any other country outside of Asia?

You took the words right out of my mouth RZR, but didn't dare write it for fear of being labelled a jealous old hag.

Seriously, Thai women tend to look about 10 years younger than they actually are until they hit around 50, then it can be a rapid downslide. It also depends on what your lovely lady is wearing. If she dresses like a tart, then people are going to assume she is one (the same applies anywhere in the world). Holidaymakers' judgements are fuelled by the media which generally portrays Thai people as prostitutes, or hilltribes living in mud huts and riding elephants, and not much in between.

VS.
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
advocate
Professional
Professional

Post by advocate »

From my personal experience and from what the other posters have said, it doesn't matter whether you are fit and attractive or fat and unattractive, some people still think they are morally superior and will give you negative looks or comments.

I certainly don't mind if my wife looks 40 when she turns 50!
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Vital Spark wrote:
redzonerocker wrote:

quote="advocate"]

I certainly don't mind if my wife looks 40 when she turns 50!
Maybe not Advocate, but many do look older as VS said. It is years of sunshine, in the end you can easily look like an old prune without due care!
Mr S seems to love me with all my faults...I am not exactly Twiggy :P , but do try to make the most of what I have. Ironically whenever I am in Thailand it is the Thai women who seem to say compliments, remark about looking younger. They are very out spoken, it suprised me as I do not get these comments in the UK. I am also no spring chicken by any means. I could do with getting slimmer and fitter, should try harder really. I try to make enough effort not to scare of the locals :)
Vital Spark wrote:[
You took the words right out of my mouth RZR, but didn't dare write it for fear of being labelled a jealous old hag.

Seriously, Thai women tend to look about 10 years younger than they actually are until they hit around 50, then it can be a rapid downslide. It also depends on what your lovely lady is wearing. If she dresses like a tart, then people are going to assume she is one (the same applies anywhere in the world). Holidaymakers' judgements are fuelled by the media which generally portrays Thai people as prostitutes, or hilltribes living in mud huts and riding elephants, and not much in between.

VS.
I think some women do dress like a tart, so if stared at, it is to be expected :naughty: It is the same in any country not just Thailand. I think you can expect a "double stare" if the woman is hanging onto some old man!
I would expect to be stared at myself if I walked into town with a Brad Pitt type on my arm or maybe a young Thai man :) Especially if I had tarty clothes on.

However, I was brought up to think that staring was rude, so try not to do it :wink: Maybe just the sneaky sidewards glance :naughty:

I do not look down of fat men or women, I am very live and let live in that repect. :)
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Like many I am 16 yrs older, Mrs M is 39 but looks mid twenties. A couple times, when questioned, I said she was my mother in law, but I can be a smarta**.

I don't like the assumptions people make, but I have given up worrying about what people think (most of the time) :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
traveller2
Professional
Professional

Post by traveller2 »

I do nothing wrong and have a clear conscience, which allows me to not worry about what others think and say.
This, I would imagine, is the same for most on here. :)
wysiwyg (what you see is what you get)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

sateeb wrote:No need to get angry or frustrated by those dimwits who will be back at home after their 2 weeks here, returning to their dreary,boring and mundane existence.
:agree:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

TTJ,
My take on this is age is no problem between Farangs and Thai's for two reasons

1. Why shouldn't a man that has been previously married, widowed had a bad time in life, or maybe just shy and don't find it easy to form relationships deserve a first or second chance of a new life.

2. Many girls in Thailand have kids and get married very young, but Thai men are not known for hard work and building life time family units and raising there kids, so why cant they have a chance with maybe someone that can provide and give security and well being its a two way street in my opinion.

Now the most important thing is treating your partner with the up most respect,age or past tense don't really matter and what the hell has it got to do with anyone else anyway.

If you walk around in flip flops board shorts and a "no money no honey"vest top getting pissed out of your box letching and pawing girls like they are just meat on a merry go-round then you deserve to be staired at we have all seen men acting like proper twats that even there own kids would be ashamed of.

My wife is less than one year younger than me don't really notice people looking at us, but i do notice the mrs getting eyed up because she is beautiful i take that as a complement early on in our relationship( 7 years now) used to get the odd smart arsed comment but actually more guys qestioned me on whats it like being with a Thai blah blah.

Kendo :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
TingTongJohn
Professional
Professional

Post by TingTongJohn »

kendo wrote:TTJ,
My take on this is age is no problem between Farangs and Thai's for two reasons

1. Why shouldn't a man that has been previously married, widowed had a bad time in life, or maybe just shy and don't find it easy to form relationships deserve a first or second chance of a new life.

2. Many girls in Thailand have kids and get married very young, but Thai men are not known for hard work and building life time family units and raising there kids, so why cant they have a chance with maybe someone that can provide and give security and well being its a two way street in my opinion.

Now the most important thing is treating your partner with the up most respect,age or past tense don't really matter and what the hell has it got to do with anyone else anyway.

If you walk around in flip flops board shorts and a "no money no honey"vest top getting pissed out of your box letching and pawing girls like they are just meat on a merry go-round then you deserve to be staired at we have all seen men acting like proper twats that even there own kids would be ashamed of.

My wife is less than one year younger than me don't really notice people looking at us, but i do notice the mrs getting eyed up because she is beautiful i take that as a complement early on in our relationship( 7 years now) used to get the odd smart arsed comment but actually more guys qestioned me on whats it like being with a Thai blah blah.

Kendo :cheers:
Mighty Kendo

All valid points and very true. But I guess I just do not want those types of glances at my wife(who has a degree) Like she is a bar girl which I find very demeaning (and there is nothing wrong with being a bar girl o.k..Side bar)and they know nothing about her and our life. They don`t..They assume as it is Thailand and there is a certain reasoning why they could think this but hold off on the judgement till they know should be the best course of action (IMHO). I am no better with some of the older men and their young girl arm trinkets but I really try not to judge and dismiss out right. Do I disaprove of some of the relationships I have seen yes do I show it..No..It is not mine to judge.

Chok Dee TTJ :cheers:
One word is not a story but it is the beginning and end of one.
advocate
Professional
Professional

Post by advocate »

The western women who I have as friends here, fat or skinny, have learned to live and let live and to be non judgemental regarding age differences in relationships. The Thais themselves do not see it as a problem so why should we? Many of the Thai women I know actually prefer an older man as such men treat them with more respect, are more mature, estalished, and can provide a stable home life more suitable for raising a family.

Most Thai women do not dress as tarts and are conservative in their dress. Some of the former bar girls have fallen into the habit of dressing a little on the wild side. Being a man though, they are more likely to get an appreciative glance from myself, not a look of scorn. It's the western men who walk around w/o their shirts on or in Speedos who earn my unspoken ridicule.

Seems most expats have learned to abandon the stereotypes that are prevalent in the west. The tourists seem to be the main culprits when it comes to bad behavior.

The minority of Thai women who have not aged well have generally lived a hard life.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

There's no shortage of unattractive, nasty 200+ pound women in the US.
Just to be fair, there's no shortage of men who fit that description too! :oops:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

I once asked my wife why most Thai women dress so conservatively, and she basically said as others have said on here.......sexy clothing makes a woman look like a tart. Personally, I do and don't agree with such sentiment. On one hand, the wrong sort of clothing can indeed make a girl look like a tart, but on the other hand, I think Thai society is a touch too conservative.

We see Farang girls dressed in provocative outfits in the west, and we think nothing of it, and yet if a Thai girl puts on the exact same clothes, she is labelled a tart. :shock:

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Takiap wrote:
We see Farang girls dressed in provocative outfits in the west, and we think nothing of it, and yet if a Thai girl puts on the exact same clothes, she is labelled a tart. :shock:

:cheers:
I think some western girls, especially from th UK dress in a tarty way. They are sending out the wrong message...well some of them. Now this is where the overweight tubbies should be careful with their mode of dress...OMG nothing worse that bulging flesh out of skinny toilet roll skirts :duck: