Hua Hin Virgin!!

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Kelly
Rookie
Rookie

Hua Hin Virgin!!

Post by Kelly »

:D Im coming to Hua Hin in July for the first time....cant wait!!
Can anybody tell me if its better to change Dollar or sterling travellers cheques or take Baht?? also Ive heard the weather is really wet at the moment! Im staying at the Evason Hua Hin, is this place nice Ive heard its quite far from anywhere?? Sorry for all the questions.

By the way this site is fantastic!!!!
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

kelly,
welcome to the board :D
you can exhange all three here easily so bring whatever is most convenient for you.

Its rainy season at the moment but it varies, this week has been fine, last week was drenched, you may get lucky 8)

Send a PM to buksida, he works at Evason and can give you more info.
Kelly
Rookie
Rookie

thanks

Post by Kelly »

lev,

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep an eye on the weather, so far it says its gonna rain at the weekend!!! :cry:

K

xx
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

:D :D look like the sun is shining ????? I only have internett reports, but it look like no rain for a copple of days..... :P :P :mrgreen:
master
Novice
Novice

Re: Hua Hin Virgin!!

Post by master »

hhh

Kelly wrote::D Im coming to Hua Hin in July for the first time....cant wait!!
Can anybody tell me if its better to change Dollar or sterling travellers cheques or take Baht?? also Ive heard the weather is really wet at the moment! Im staying at the Evason Hua Hin, is this place nice Ive heard its quite far from anywhere?? Sorry for all the questions.

master
Novice
Novice

Re: Hua Hin Virgin!!

Post by master »

master wrote:hhh
Take Dollar Kelly
Kelly wrote::D Im coming to Hua Hin in July for the first time....cant wait!!

PeteB
Professional
Professional

Exchange

Post by PeteB »

To set things straight (although too late for Kelly, who was visiting last July, it may not be for others)

As Lev pointed out, all is exchangeable but, if you travel from UK and want to use travellers cheques, use sterling travellers cheques - you don't then have to pay from sterling to dollars and dollars to Baht.

UK cash card (debit not credit) is also simple and convenient. Sterling notes are easily exchanged. Do NOT add the extra cost of going via US Dollars. :roll:

:cheers:
/Peter