Age Differences in Thailand

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.

What is the age diference between you and your Thai partner

Same age or within a year
5%
1 - 5 years
17%
6 - 10 years
19%
11 - 15 years
21%
16 - 20 years
18%
21 - 25 years
8%
26 - 30 years
8%
Over 30 years
5%

Total votes: 78

Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

kendo wrote:
There is an old saying "you are as young as the woman that you feel"
:cheers:
Kendo.
Unless you're a glam rock has been.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Guess wrote:
kendo wrote:
There is an old saying "you are as young as the woman that you feel"
:cheers:
Kendo.
Unless you're a glam rock has been.
That does not mean child or teenager, that kiddie fiddler is staying on the edge of Southampton and has been seen shopping. :tsk:
PeteC

Re: Age Differences in Thailand

Post by PeteC »

Well, here we are at the old one if someone wants to run with the ball. Some may have changed wives though since 2008? :shock: :laugh: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
AhFarangJa

Post by AhFarangJa »

My wife is 31 on paper, but she says she is actually 33-34, as her parents did not do the paperwork for several years....anyone else heard of this? :roll:
plus, when I asked her if, when she gets to 40, can I trade her in for two twenty year olds, she started sharpening all the knifes, cannot think why? :naughty: :cheers:
A game of bridge is like sex, if you don't have a good partner you'd better have a good hand.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

AhFarangJa wrote:My wife is 31 on paper, but she says she is actually 33-34, as her parents did not do the paperwork for several years....anyone else heard of this? :roll:
plus, when I asked her if, when she gets to 40, can I trade her in for two twenty year olds, she started sharpening all the knifes, cannot think why? :naughty: :cheers:
Yes...This is actually quite common any many Thai's celibrate two birthdays, their real one and the official one. Those that I know have their birthday's in the same year and not 2-3 years apart. :D
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
AhFarangJa

Post by AhFarangJa »

:cheers: I have enough problems celebrating one birthday a year.... two would kill me!! :laugh:
A game of bridge is like sex, if you don't have a good partner you'd better have a good hand.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Personally, I think there is some stigma attached to a Thai and Farang marriage even if there isn't a great difference in age, and I think is more the case in Thailand than it is abroad where most people think nothing of mixed marriages. Let's not forget that Thai's are very good at concealing their true feelings, and if any comments are made you'll more than likely be none the wiser unless you can understand Thai.

My missus is quite a bit younger than me, and apart from one or two occasions in Bangkok, and once on Samui, I've never sensed any problems. Even in the UK when living in Scotland, my wife and I were always welcomed with open arms and never made to feel uncomfortable.

At the end of the day, what you do and who you marry is nobody's business but your own. Live and let live. :thumb: :cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Bristolian wrote:Yes...This is actually quite common any many Thai's celibrate two birthdays, their real one and the official one. Those that I know have their birthday's in the same year and not 2-3 years apart. :D
The LHG also celebrates 2 birthdays - Gregorian Calendar and Chinese Lunar Calendar...... I celebrate her birthday using the Gregorian, MIL uses the Chinese Lunar Calendar. I've tried to persuade them there's a Welsh Calendar so I too can have a couple of extra sherberts now and again, but to no avail..... untrusting buggers!! :roll:
Takiap wrote:Personally, I think there is some stigma attached to a Thai and Farang marriage even if there isn't a great difference in age, and I think is more the case in Thailand than it is abroad where most people think nothing of mixed marriages.
Well, you should try China Takiap - some incredibly racist, others (like FIL initially) simply don't understand it - although the latter probably restricted to the older generation(s) as a rule.

Anywho, back to topic...... actually 3 years difference, although the LHG insists there's around 30 years mentally :oops:

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yes, my missus is decades older than me as well, at least as far as mentality is concerned.

:thumb: :cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Well, here we are at the old one if someone wants to run with the ball. Some may have changed wives though since 2008? :shock: :laugh: Pete :cheers:
Still with the same wife going on 18 years and she's still 21 years younger than me, and still looks 40 years younger than me! :shock:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?