Living in Phuket ?

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Cuffee.michael
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Living in Phuket ?

Post by Cuffee.michael »

trevorcasto wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:28 am Hello,
Again I see that some people are still stuck on the subject of the troll, but you're wrong, I'm not trying to circumvent the rules of this forum.
Thank you Cuffee.michael for your answers, I see it already a little clearer. If all goes well, I will be in Phuket at the beginning of October, we will be able to take a beer at this time.
BY the way, what service did you spend for your move?
Awesome ! :D

>BY the way, what service did you spend for your move?
What do you mean? I'm not sure I can recommend anything... It depends on how you are willing to organize your move, it depends on your budget, whether you're going to handle it on your own from beginning to the end, etc.

I had the chance to benefit from my cousin's experience in terms of international relocations... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: He helped me to get in touch with someone who handled it for me, door-to-door. Obviously, you'll end up paying more than if you just travel with an extra luggage to bring your stuff. It depends on how much you are willing to bring, how much you are ready to spend, etc. lol

Anyway, I'll be happy to grab a beer with you when you get there, to finally meet a real troll in person :D :D :D :D :D :D
trevorcasto
Rookie
Rookie

Post by trevorcasto »

Hello,
Cuffee.michael I will be very interested to know by what service your cousin because it is quite complicated to find a reliable and serious service. For the budget I have a fairly wide range, I am ready to put a certain price for something of quality. These are sentimental value things that I do not want to leave here as furniture, paintings and other interiors.
I hope to hear from you soon and thank you again for your help
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

All the tourist places is where you should all be at as you would find the rest of Thailand too challenging to deal with. Those that suggested the beach holiday resorts are spot-on for you guys. Have fun there and 07.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Cuffee.michael
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cuffee.michael »

trevorcasto wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:43 am Hello,
Cuffee.michael I will be very interested to know by what service your cousin because it is quite complicated to find a reliable and serious service. For the budget I have a fairly wide range, I am ready to put a certain price for something of quality. These are sentimental value things that I do not want to leave here as furniture, paintings and other interiors.
I hope to hear from you soon and thank you again for your help
Hi man,

I've asked him... he didn't remember the name of the company at first, but then looked for the quotation they did for him, lol. I think you owe him a beer :D 8)

Here is the website of the company he used:

http://siam-relocation.com

I have no specific information to provide, just contact them and ask. But from what I've heard from him, it was quite a smooth and easy process ;)
Cuffee.michael
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cuffee.michael »

Spitfire wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:24 pm All the tourist places is where you should all be at as you would find the rest of Thailand too challenging to deal with. Those that suggested the beach holiday resorts are spot-on for you guys. Have fun there and 07.
You're right... but it's not really the kind of tourism I like. Tourist areas are fine for a short time, when you're just there to have fun and so on. But if you look for something more "authentic", it's better to stay away from those areas sometimes too ;)
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

"Authentic" is great for a few days, but it soon starts to pall unless you are a good croucher and never get tired of the heat, mossies, Thai food, rotgut and gut rot. I like my creature comforts within easy reach! Settle for a happy medium like Pranburi, Prachuap or Bang Saphan.
This is the way