Hua Hin v Pattaya

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
eyes
Novice
Novice

Hua Hin v Pattaya

Post by eyes »

Hi to everyone, I have just joined the forum and am seeking some information please. I am heading to Thailand in March from Melbourne Australia for my yearly R/R, I normally go to Pattaya but after discovering this forum a few weeks ago and reading your posts about Hua Hin I have decided to do 10 days in Hua Hin and 10 in Pattaya.
My question is what is the best way to get to Pattaya from Hua Hin,is it a case of bus trip via Bangkok, if so how long does it take and cost?
Is there a plane connection, cost?
Taxi but that would be very expensive I would think or maybe swim??????
Also I would like to get other members thoughts about Hua Hin versus Pattaya in regards to the Girls, Bars, Hotels etc.,it seems to me from what I read that Hua Hin is something like Pattaya was 10 years ago ,these days it is fast getting to expensive crowded seems to have lost its magic lately, your thoughts please????
Thanks for a excellent site Eyes
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

welcome to the board!
As far as I know the only way to get to Pattaya is through Bangkok. Hua Hin airport is now closed and there is no boat connection unless you charter your own one.

"from what I read that Hua Hin is something like Pattaya was 10 years ago"

Hua hin is probably more like Pattaya was 30 years ago, theres no comparison. Pattaya is full on go-go bars, discos nightlife all the way, Hua Hin has bars but nothing compared to Pattaya, it all depends what you're after. Its a lot more laid back here and less 'in your face' thats probably why most of us like it!