Thai food in Japan

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
loua_oz

Thai food in Japan

Post by loua_oz »

My wife decided to find work, got one "walk in" within half an hour.

Thai restaurant in Nagoya City Center, Japanese owner (owns two Thai restaurants). She went in with with the copies of green card (permanent resident), health insurance card, picture of the whole family and my business card.

After seeing that, rather than talking much, "What food can you make within few minutes?" She made some Thai food, the owner ate it and she got the job.

Works from 11 am to 5pm, the pay is 320THB per hour (1,960THB per 6 hours day) and they pay the train to and from work.
Works out some 40,000 THB per month, 2 guaranteed days off, Wednesdays and Sundays. The kind of money foreigners in Thai have to produce as a proof for visa extension. Being under my wing, fully legal and insured (pension included), no rent, she can get by. Try to save 40,000THB (1,000 EUR) a month, then it becomes significant family contribution.

This is what she does, as "chef assistant", not a kitchen hand

The set, comprised of rice, krapao gai, spring rolls and "karage", deep fried chicken (Japanese love it, their own), not to be 100% Thai. Two soups, tom yum gung and sour curry soup and desert, cost 980 Yen , some 290THB.

Just under 1,000 Yen salary men spend on lunch.

Monday, 180 servings.
Tuesday to Thursday, 220 servings.
Friday 200 servings.
loua_oz

Re: Thai food in Japan

Post by loua_oz »

My post has been moved into here. A Thai woman, my wife, doing a honest and hard work job and people pay to eat what she makes for them. Hundreds of them. Day in, day out.

I think there was no respect for that on the Board. I am a bit dissapointed.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Thai food in Japan

Post by Lev »

This has nothing to do with eating or restaurants in Hua Hin so did not belong in the Hua Hin feeding time section.

It has now been moved to the travel section as it regards experiences in another country.