Hua Hin to Sisaket

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
nellyp

Hua Hin to Sisaket

Post by nellyp »

I want to get to Sisaket from Hua Hin and looking for the easiest journey. I think it will probably be by train and I have looked at the route. However, I cannot figure out if I need to change trains in Bangkok or not. Has anybody traveled to Sisaket by train before?

I really don't like the change-overs, so would prefer not to do it. If I have to change trains, would I be better off going by bus?

Cheers
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Hua Hin to Sisaket

Post by usual suspect »

There is a VIP coach leaves H.H. bus station (on the south side of Hua Hin) every night at ~ 9pm.
This coach has TVs in the seat-backs, big leather seats & comes up from Phuket (it has 4 drivers on board)
To the best of my knowledge it terminates either in Si-Saket or Surin..? Maybe a visit to bus station for more details..?
Look for the big blue+white bus with a big orange palm tree design up the back corners.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

I think I have previously seen Hua Hin - Ubol Rachatani buses leaving from the soi 96/1 bus station. Last year though. It may be worth going to the bus station to see what routes are available.
nellyp

Post by nellyp »

usual suspect wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:07 pm There is a VIP coach leaves H.H. bus station (on the south side of Hua Hin) every night at ~ 9pm.
This coach has TVs in the seat-backs, big leather seats & comes up from Phuket (it has 4 drivers on board)
To the best of my knowledge it terminates either in Si-Saket or Surin..? Maybe a visit to bus station for more details..?
Look for the big blue+white bus with a big orange palm tree design up the back corners.
Thanks i will look into this as an alternative to the train. I have travelled on the VIP busses before, but I actually prefer the sleeper trains.
nellyp

Post by nellyp »

usual suspect wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:07 pm There is a VIP coach leaves H.H. bus station (on the south side of Hua Hin) every night at ~ 9pm.
The only service I can find so far for the buses is the yellow bus. They say VIP, but I have no idea of the level of comfort.... no pics on the site. Does anybody have any idea of the name of the service with the oring palm tree?
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

This is probably what you want. http://www.shinnakeartkorat.com/page/schedule830#

Unfortunately it's in Thai and I couldn't find an English version, though I didn't look too hard. :)

Basically, according to this timetable there are two trips daily from Hua Hin to Ubon Ratchathani, with Sisaket as the penultimate stop. The two trips leave Hua Hin at 6pm and 8pm, arriving Sisaket at 5am and 7.30am respectively. 32 seater VIP buses. I suggest you print the web page and go to the bus station to check the schedule is correct and make a booking if required. As a guide, HH outbound is the right hand side of the timetable, first entry being HH. Sisaket is the 2nd last row, just before Ubon.

Judging by the timetable the 8pm trip waits a while in Cha-Am for an extra 40 minutes for some reason.

Hope this helps.

hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ Route : HH, Cha-Am, Phetchaburi, Samut Songkhram, Samut Sakhon, Saraburi, Parkchong, Sikew, Nong Kee, Nang Rong, Prakonchai, Prasat, Surin, Sikhoraphum, Samrong Thap, Uthumphon, Sisaket, Ubon Ratchathani. (Please excuse any transliteration errors) Phew!
nellyp

Post by nellyp »

hhinner wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:04 pm This is probably what you want. http://www.shinnakeartkorat.com/page/schedule830#

Unfortunately it's in Thai and I couldn't find an English version, though I didn't look too hard. :)

Basically, according to this timetable there are two trips daily from Hua Hin to Ubon Ratchathani, with Sisaket as the penultimate stop. The two trips leave Hua Hin at 6pm and 8pm, arriving Sisaket at 5am and 7.30am respectively. 32 seater VIP buses. I suggest you print the web page and go to the bus station to check the schedule is correct and make a booking if required. As a guide, HH outbound is the right hand side of the timetable, first entry being HH. Sisaket is the 2nd last row, just before Ubon.

Judging by the timetable the 8pm trip waits a while in Cha-Am for an extra 40 minutes for some reason.

Hope this helps.
Thanks mate you are a star. I will check it out later