Bus stop Hua Hin-Bangkok near soi 8 ?

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
yves

Bus stop Hua Hin-Bangkok near soi 8 ?

Post by yves »

Hi everybody,

I'm living near soi 8. Could you tell me if the bus Hua Hin - Bangkok stop around there ? Where exactly please ? Do i have to book a place first ?

hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Bus stop Hua Hin-Bangkok near soi 8 ?

Post by hhinner »

If you are happy to use the passenger vans, the all leave from Soi 51 minivan station with destinations in various parts of Bangkok.

If you want a proper bus then you have these choices​.

1. Sombat tour, 4 trips per day, from the bus station between Soi 96 and Soi 96/1. This goes to Morchit BTS. The return trip is not so easy though, as the departure point in BKK is not the same as the arrival point..

2. Hua Hin Pran Tour. I think now only 2 trips a day (not sure about this), the last one at midday. This leaves from Sasong Road and goes to the southern bus terminal.

3. The airport bus, which leaves from its terminal at HH airport and goes to Suvarnabhumi. This is most convenient for Soi 8.

For all of them you need to go to their respective terminal to board in HH. I think! This information is not authoritative!
yves

Post by yves »

Very interesting ! Thank you so much ! I will avoid the van. The aiport bus seems the best solution for me. Otherwise, between Sombat tour and Hua Hin Pran Tour, which has the more confortable and reliable bus please ?
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Sombat's are newer and more comfortable. The afternoon ones are VIP with only 24 seats, and a little more expensive.
yves

Post by yves »

hhinner wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 4:04 pm Sombat's are newer and more comfortable. The afternoon ones are VIP with only 24 seats, and a little more expensive.
Great , thanks Mate !
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Have used the Airport bus which I found comfortable. Note that this was a spur of the moment decision - had just arrived at the airport from Singapore and decided a slight detour was in the works. I usually drive otherwise.
Good to see Sombat Tours are still around, they were my company of choice when I was doing the almost weekly round trip to Chiangmai about 26 years ago. They had the most comfortable buses, and because I was a regular, could phone a booking and never had any problems even during high season.
วินเชนท์
yves

Post by yves »

VincentD wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 10:40 pm Have used the Airport bus which I found comfortable. Note that this was a spur of the moment decision - had just arrived at the airport from Singapore and decided a slight detour was in the works. I usually drive otherwise.
Good to see Sombat Tours are still around, they were my company of choice when I was doing the almost weekly round trip to Chiangmai about 26 years ago. They had the most comfortable buses, and because I was a regular, could phone a booking and never had any problems even during high season.
Hi Vincent, where exactly the bus stop at the airport ? At what time ? Thanks :D