'Unseen' Waterfall to be seen by tourists

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

'Unseen' Waterfall to be seen by tourists

Post by Vital Spark »

My heart sank when I saw this report in the Bangkok Post today. What a beautiful waterfall, and how lovely that it has been unseen by the masses for generations. Now, with the help of the Bangkok Post, it will be over-run by visitors (just like the Erawan Falls), and the flora will be trampled on (or picked) and the fauna will just disappear somewhere quieter.
http://www.bangkokpost.com/travel/in-th ... ion-in-tak

I remember a lovely trip to the Pala U waterfall about 20 years ago. There weren't many visitors as the approach road was so bad, so I peacefully sat on a rock and was surrounded by butterflies and soaked up the atmosphere. All I could hear was the noise of the water and a multitude of birds. Happy memories...

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
bert91157

Re: 'Unseen' Waterfall to be seen by tourists

Post by bert91157 »

Looks like a bit of free advertising on behalf of the beleaguered tourist board to me.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: 'Unseen' Waterfall to be seen by tourists

Post by StevePIraq »

Isn't this exactly why the authorities wanted to introduce limits on the numbers of visitors to avoid environmental harm, not that it would ever work in Thailand
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali