Visa agents for Thai nationals travelling abroad

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
buksida

Visa agents for Thai nationals travelling abroad

Post by buksida »

As one road trip concludes another one begins ...

Already preparing for the next one which is likely to be in March or April. We'd like to go a little further afield having visited most of the ASEAN countries now. The problem then becomes one of visas for Thai passport holders, the further away from Thailand you get the harder it is for them to get into the country - the opposite is applicable to us with western passports.

India or China were our first thoughts but the tourist visa process for both countries is a nightmare. UK passport holders can do it online with a couple of clicks. We spoke to the Indian embassy yesterday and it seems now they have to go in person, get finger printed, book flights and hotels in advance etc etc. This involves several days in Bangkok so will total up to well over 15k in expenses (travel, hotels, eating out, visas for three passports) - a ridiculous outlay just for a tourist visa.

I assumed India and Thailand had a reciprocal agreement since this country is flooded with Indians, all openly working and doing what they like. The situation for China isnt much easier.

So ... can anyone recommend an agent that will 'fix' all of this for us? I used one for my Myanmar visa last year and it was hassle free. I know there are loads on Google but services vary so recommendation would be ideal.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
buksida

Re: Visa agents for Thai nationals travelling abroad

Post by buksida »

Take it that is a no then.

Leads on to the second question: any suggestions on where to go within about 3-4 hours fly time where Thais dont have to jump through a hundred hoops to get a tourist visa?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Sri Lanka?

Thai's need a visa, but it seems its an e-visa.

http://www.evisaasia.com/sri-lanka-visa
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

caller wrote:Sri Lanka?

Thai's need a visa, but it seems its an e-visa.

http://www.evisaasia.com/sri-lanka-visa
Interesting suggestion, it is mainly Buddhist and I remember visiting a town called Kandy where they have a very impressive (as in very large) Buddhist statue perched on top of a hill. Sri Lanka itself though is an island of contrasts, lots of very downtrodden places in and around Colombo, but some nice beach areas in the south.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Sri Lanka was one of our first choices but moved on from there because the flights are comparatively expensive and we didn't want a beach hotel holiday as we live on the beach!

But now with all the visa hassles we may have to revisit this option.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Just found out we can apply for the Indian eTV online and do the biometrics at the airport on arrival.

Trip On!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

For India check the Indian government web site for inoculation requirements, they have recently changed to include Yellow Fever and Polio, this applies to all nationalities
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

StevePIraq wrote:For India check the Indian government web site for inoculation requirements, they have recently changed to include Yellow Fever and Polio, this applies to all nationalities
According to WHO, it depends on where you are travelling from. I would be more concerned about Rabies!

http://www.who.int/ith/ITH_country_list.pdf
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

True the inoculation requirements are based on where you travel from. My only recommendation is to inquire with the Indian authorities, don't rely on WHO. You will be issued with the visa even if you do not have the correct inoculations, the problem arises when you get to India and passport control. I have been to India many times and the requirements are continually changing.
And don't forget you must still visit the embassy in BKK to have your biometrics done.
http://www.indianembassy.in.th/pages.php?id=18
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
buksida

Post by buksida »

According to this Indian govt site biometrics can be done on arrival.
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/

No mention of inoculations.
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

I travel in and out of India all year long 4-6 times a year. I have never been asked about vaccinations. Thailand is not a country at risk of Yellow Fever. E-Visa is all done on line.
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!