Phuket Memories

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Phuket Memories

Post by Stargeezer »

A few years back I enjoyed a few trips to Kata Beach, and Karon beach
and Phuket
Stargeezer
Attachments
Near Karon beach I think
Near Karon beach I think
php0c5BIYAM[1].jpg (70.64 KiB) Viewed 601 times
Another Phuket beacfh
Another Phuket beacfh
phpf6GAlnAM[1].jpg (72.16 KiB) Viewed 601 times
Buddha statue near Kata beach
Buddha statue near Kata beach
phpG6D0RcAM[1].jpg (64.88 KiB) Viewed 601 times
Big Buddha statue
Big Buddha statue
phpzDU5HXAM[1].jpg (60.96 KiB) Viewed 601 times
Puu Island from Kata beach
Puu Island from Kata beach
phpZ9j3NPAM[1].jpg (56.55 KiB) Viewed 601 times
more beach
more beach
phpCMNj4nAM[1].jpg (67.81 KiB) Viewed 601 times
at the beach
at the beach
php5bRMfEAM[1].jpg (67.75 KiB) Viewed 601 times
view of Kata and Karon beaches
view of Kata and Karon beaches
php6tiPk4AM[1].jpg (67.45 KiB) Viewed 601 times
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
buksida

Re: Phuket Memories

Post by buksida »

It was a nice place a few years back, don't think I'd ever want to set foot on that island again though - apparently it takes over two hours to drive across it now!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Phuket Memories

Post by Takiap »

I agree Buksi. When I first came to Thailand in 1997, it was for a 14 day break in Phuket, and it was the most amazing place I'd ever visited. I was instantly sold, and I was determined to return to Thailand. One month later I did return, and have basically lived here ever since. Sadly, several years went by before I actually got to visit Phuket again, this time with my wife, sometime around 2005 or so. To be honest, both of us were less than impressed. I'm not sure what exactly it was, but the place just seemed to have changed so much.

Having said that, I don't think the change has been as dramatic as it's been on Koh Samui. I fell in love with Samui and ended up living there in 2000 and 2001, but after my last visit a few years ago I've crossed it off my list. I doubt I would visit now even if I was given a free return ticket. The price of progress I guess.

I realize that places like Hua-Hin have changed as well, but somehow it seems more acceptable when it comes to bigger towns and cities.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact