Hua Hin - Pattaya ferry service news and updates

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Hua Hin - Pattaya ferry project news and updates

Post by StevePIraq »

Pattaya daily news has this post
http://pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-hua ... -jan-2017/

PATTAYA-31 December-[PattayaDailyNews]; Mr Sorasak Saensombat, chief of marine department, was accompanied with team to inspect readiness of security system of ferry. Plus, the officers also checked CTX scanners which will be installed to check the passenger and luggage. Upon inspection the officers guaranteed that the ferry has the readiness to set sail.

However, the ferry took 3 hours in a trial trip to Hua-Hin and it failed to dock at Hua-Hin jetty before the captain decided to dock at Hua Don dock.

I am wondering what happens if it docks in Takiab what about all the customers waiting in Hua Hin. Did anyone use it today?
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: Hua Hin - Pattaya ferry project news and updates

Post by hhinner »

StevePIraq wrote:Pattaya daily news has this post
http://pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-hua ... -jan-2017/

PATTAYA-31 December-[PattayaDailyNews]; Mr Sorasak Saensombat, chief of marine department, was accompanied with team to inspect readiness of security system of ferry. Plus, the officers also checked CTX scanners which will be installed to check the passenger and luggage. Upon inspection the officers guaranteed that the ferry has the readiness to set sail.

However, the ferry took 3 hours in a trial trip to Hua-Hin and it failed to dock at Hua-Hin jetty before the captain decided to dock at Hua Don dock.

I am wondering what happens if it docks in Takiab what about all the customers waiting in Hua Hin. Did anyone use it today?
Anyone using it today should be at Khao Thakiab according to what BB posted earlier. On other days the schedule says Hua Hin or Khao Thakiab. As it's still quite windy I can't imagine them risking the embarrassment of trying for the HH fishing pier.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

If anyone wants to do the free return trip HH-Pat-HH the days to do it are 7th to 10th. Show up with passport (foreigners) or id (Thai) between 7 and 8 am at the point of departure (??). Other days are starting at Pattaya or are rest days (6th and 11th). You can also do the HH to Pattaya trip one way on any of the sailing days. They are allowing 200 pax on the outward trips, and allowing for additional 100 pax on the return trips. All this according to what BB posted.

For any more info contact the company or see its website (ha ha). Or maybe BB knows more?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I was invited to join them on today's crossing, but my invite arrived too late (just before midnight on New Year's Eve). Am now trying to arrange another. Unfortunately, the phone number given is either engaged or no reply. I've been to the deserted office, and there is another number given.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Schedule as posted on office window
DSC00650.jpg
DSC00650.jpg (96.71 KiB) Viewed 838 times

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK guys, we've re-established contact - I should be travelling on the 7th. The number for booking is 0879 052525, which is different to the phone number posted yesterday.

I have to find the agent at Khao Takiab at midday on the 5th to obtain tickets.

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Everything cancelled Sunday due to rough seas.......

Weather spoils first Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry service

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... ry-service
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

LOL - just as well my invite arrived too late :D

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

It's good to remember that these current boats can handle a max wave height of 2 meters per the article. The larger craft when they come on line should do better. You can find anticipated wave heights the day before on the Thai Weather site which may help in trip planning. The biggest problem of course would be ability to go one way in the morning, then have the return cancelled requiring a hotel stay for the night. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
buksida

Post by buksida »

FERRY.jpg
FERRY.jpg (67.17 KiB) Viewed 482 times
BIG WAVES SPOIL LAUNCH OF PATTAYA-HUA HIN FERRY
More than 100 tourists were left stranded Sunday morning at a Pattaya pier when the maiden voyage of a ferry service to Hua Hin was called off due to big waves.

The tourists had already registered for what was to be a free opportunity to take the 100-minute trip on the Royal 1 ferry, but it was canceled at the last minute on its first day of the operation.

Local marine official Ekkaraj Kantaro cited the sudden appearance of 4-meter high waves.

The disappointed tourists were treated to a less impressive destination instead: Ko Lan.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/tran ... hin-ferry/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

That would be great if you had booked out of your hotel in Pattaya to go to HH and already have a hotel booked in HH.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

I don't think the cancellation can be blamed on anyone. If the weather picks up, then the operators need to do what is right. disappointed travelers are better than dead travelers.

If (and I hope it does) this service is a success and it continues, there will inevitably be cancellations due to adverse weather conditions. The only thing the operator can do is to make it known that scheduled departures are dependent on sea conditions.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

Geko wrote:I have used similar ferries between Singapore and Batam (Indonesia) many times and had lots of problems including breakdowns, delays and overloading and realy never felt safe.
Interesting, I've used that ferry countless times to go play golf at the weekend and never had a problem, apart from the odd minor delay!!

:offtopic:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Did it make the trip today?
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

From what I have read the ferry is postponed until Thursday at the earliest due to poor weather conditions