Check Inn 99 in Bangkok

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Check Inn 99 in Bangkok

Post by Chromeman »

Anyone who has visited that night club in Bangkok? Thinking about spending an evening there, including having dinner the last night in Bangkok before we go down to Hua Hin.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Check Inn 99 in Bangkok

Post by Nereus »

Chromeman wrote:Anyone who has visited that night club in Bangkok? Thinking about spending an evening there, including having dinner the last night in Bangkok before we go down to Hua Hin.
I have not been for several years, but used to go a lot. The place gets good writeups on Stickman Bangkok if you have a look, or ask him via email. Very well run place and good food. :cheers:

edit: http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/Stickman ... angkok.htm
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Same view as Nereus

Mrs.T and I used to go there a lot when we lived in BKK, and it was always good.

Good food and good Philipino bands
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

The doorman was a dwarf. Wonder if he is still there?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

malcolminthemiddle wrote:The doorman was a dwarf. Wonder if he is still there?
No, he is long gone. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

I have read a couple of the Stickman stories the club has on their Articles page. That door man is mentioned in the story about Mama Noi.
I bet some readers who do know the venue know it from the dwarf who used to stand outside beckoning passersby inside. I haven't seen in a long time. What happened to him?
He is from Isaan. He used to work at Pizza Hut before he worked here. He was not well for some years so he stopped working and returned home to be with his family.
Quite interesting tale that Mama Noi gives us too. She certainly has experienced a lot over the years! ;-)

The club has a FB page, and I asked them if they had anything special planned for the day I was planning to go; they did not, but was warmly welcomed! ;-)

They are currently running a "The Vagina Monologues" show, and also a Moulin Rouge show.

Thanks for the feedback! Looking forward to visit the club next Thursday unless Bkk completely unravels by then... ;-)
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

It is easy to miss, partly because that part of the sidewalk is busy with ladyboy and true female street hookers and you tend to hurry by.