Krabi poised to become one of Thailand's hottest destination

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Krabi poised to become one of Thailand's hottest destination

Post by hhfarang »

"This seaside town in southern Thailand has seen an explosion in tourism recently, and airlines are taking note.

Listed among the New York Times' "52 Places to Go in 2014," the coastal town has been flooded with visitors lately, according to the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT)."

Full story and slide show here: http://news.yahoo.com/krabi-poised-beco ... 15160.html
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Krabi poised to become one of Thailand's hottest destina

Post by usual suspect »

Maybe regular annual tourists are fed up with being ripped off by sky-high beer, tuk-tuk prices, & the MIB on Samui & Pukkers..so Krabi, albeit a small area will at the moment be a good alternative to folk heading south.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I visited Krabi back in the mid nineties and it was a really quiet (boring) place for mostly eco tourists but with a beautiful beach. Lights off at sunset then...
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

I was in Krabi 2 years ago for a few days. It was okay the first day and we toured the
place a bit. The next day it started raining and we toured in the area in less comfort, but still able to see many great sites. One thing that made us upset in Krabi happened along the main street
where there were restaurants and stalls. We were trying to go into a restaurant, but a group of Russian tourists were sitting on the steps and next to a 7/11 store. They would not move and
generally ignored everyone else. Very rude and the restaurant owner had already talked with them
and had no luck at all. Our group went about 30 meters further along the street and ate from a food stall. Finally the tourist police arrived and chased the Russians away.
We had a better stay at the smaller town of Trang, much quieter and friendlier.
The tours in the area were very interesting and scenic.
Stargeezer
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.