Don Muang hotel with car parking

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Big Boy

Don Muang hotel with car parking

Post by Big Boy »

I have an early flight out of Don Muang soon. In the UK, it would be possible to book into an airport hotel, and leave my car there while I was away. The hotel would run a shuttle service to and from the airport.

Do such hotels exist here, and can anybody recommend such a hotel near Don Muang Airport please?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Don Muang hotel with car parking

Post by oakdale160 »

I knew a hotel in Toronto with this deal, occasionally I would not stay at the hotel but slip the parking guy a 20 and got the same deal. If a hotel started that stay and park deal the would do well.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

You could check the following Big Boy. I have not been there for years, but it used to be car friendly.

http://www.ramagardenshotel.com/

Be aware that with the elevated Tollway running right down the middle of Vibhavadi Rangsit Road you may have to travel some distance the "wrong" way to get to any hotels near the airport. There are precious few U turns along that road, and the hotel is on the same side as the airport.
There is long term parking at the airport, but if you have an early flight you may well get stuck trying to get there.

The following is on the correct side of the road and north of the airport. They do transfers, and as it is part of Zeer shopping complex, they probably have a secure parking area.

http://www.asiahotel.co.th/asia_airport.htm
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

When Don Muang was THE airport here we did that several times and we used the Asia hotel mentioned in the post above as well as a Best Western nearby. Both ran a free shuttle to the airport but this was many years ago.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, Plan A has failed - there doesn't seem to be such a beast in Thailand. Plan B is to stay at an airport hotel, and leave at about 4:15 in the morning.

Can anybody recommend a well positioned (for Don Muang Airport) hotel with parking? It's only a short pit stop, so I'm not looking for anything fancy.

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

This is an easy one as it's connected to the airport by walkway. Their site indicates parking also. Pete :cheers:

http://www.amari.com/donmuang/

Edit: I've stayed there before but not since S'bumi became operational. Was a nice hotel back then and assume the Amari chain has kept it in good shape.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote:OK, Plan A has failed - there doesn't seem to be such a beast in Thailand. Plan B is to stay at an airport hotel, and leave at about 4:15 in the morning.

Can anybody recommend a well positioned (for Don Muang Airport) hotel with parking? It's only a short pit stop, so I'm not looking for anything fancy.
Sorry, I do not understand this. You are still asking about a hotel that has parking, which the Asia Hotel does, (so where are you going to leave the car?). :?
It is also the closest to Don Muang, on the correct side of the road and has rooms for 1650++. Stay further away and you will have a problem, and take longer, to get to the airport.

The Amari Airport that Pete has posted will cost a lot more, and is difficult to get access by car.
You have not mentioned when you are going, so wherever you decide to stay it may be prudent to consider the current demonstrations in Bangkok.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Nereus wrote:Sorry, I do not understand this. You are still asking about a hotel that has parking, which the Asia Hotel does, (so where are you going to leave the car?). :?
Very sorry Nereus, you originally said, "they probably have a secure parking area." I checked out their web site and it wasn't mentioned. I assumed it would be quite a good selling point, and would have definitely been mentioned if it were available. I therefore discounted it.

Now you've asked again, I've phoned them. Yes, I could leave my car there for 5 nights, but they wouldn't recommend it. They basically said their parking area is not secure, and in light of the current troubles in Bangkok, leaving my car there would not be advisable.

Mrs BB has now decreed we will travel by taxi through the night :cry:

On the plus side, I'll be able to watch my youngest grand daughter dance at Market Village before I go :D. I'd have missed that if I chosen the hotel route.

Thanks to all posters who tried to assist.

Points 48; Position 20