Do you need to book VIP bus from Bangkok in advance?

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Artilery
Amateur
Amateur

Do you need to book VIP bus from Bangkok in advance?

Post by Artilery »

We are coming down to Hua Hin (again) on monday 10th February, and we are staying not too far from Sai Tai Mai bus terminal. We have found out that Pran Tours run the buses and they go every half hour, but they do not have a web site, so we wondered if we needed to book the bus in advance, or could just go to Sai Tai Mai and would have a good chance of buying a ticket at the bus station. If not, I will try to get our hotel to ring them, if I can find a number in Bangkok. Guess we would hope to catch a bus around 1030 - 1100.
I guess the Skytrain extension to Sai Tai Mai has not opened yet?
Thanks, Art
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Do you need to book VIP bus from Bangkok in advance?

Post by usual suspect »

Generally you've no need to book a seat on the 'big' bus to Hua-Hin with Pran-tours..BUT (& here's the kicker)..when you arrive at the Southern bus station only buy your ticket from inside the terminal building at the appropiate window upstairs in the booking-hall...avoid any touts outside assuring you they will put you on the correct HH bus.
One more point is that the big-bus route to H.H. is also served by minivans..please ask at the window when booking to make sure you are buying a seat on a bus..NOT in a sardine-tin mini-van driven by a maniac..the big bus may depart every 2/3 hours..I'm not sure.? Safe journey, & enjoy your stay down here.. :cheers: