wheelchair transfers

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
albaker

wheelchair transfers

Post by albaker »

Hi
I'm looking for van / songthoew , not sure of spelling , suitable for 3 adults , 1 in a Wheelchair , plus luggage 3 cases , from Hua Hin hotel to Regent Beach Resort , Cha Am , only. Have wheelchair accessible transfers from Bangkok to HH hotel & from Regent to Bangkok .
Would obviously need driver but also 1 other person to assist lifting into vehicle , if songthoew/pickup truck
Looking to January/February 4014 .
Regards to all from a cold, wet and miserable UK.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: wheelchair transfers

Post by dtaai-maai »

Have you asked them if they can stop en route from Bkk to HH?
If not, I'm sure a decent tip would persuade the driver on the day.

For what it's worth, it's been pretty miserable here recently...
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

albaker wrote:Hi
I'm looking for van / songthoew , not sure of spelling , suitable for 3 adults , 1 in a Wheelchair , plus luggage 3 cases , from Hua Hin hotel to Regent Beach Resort , Cha Am , only. Have wheelchair accessible transfers from Bangkok to HH hotel & from Regent to Bangkok .
Would obviously need driver but also 1 other person to assist lifting into vehicle , if songthoew/pickup truck
Looking to January/February 4014 .
Regards to all from a cold, wet and miserable UK.
If the Regent Cha Am are able to transfer you to Bangkok, could they not collect you from Hua Hin, or are you using a Bangkok based transport service?
albaker

Post by albaker »

dtaai-maai wrote:Have you asked them if they can stop en route from Bkk to HH?

hi thanks for reply .
Will be using a Bangkok based company who have wheelchair accessible vans ,they will pick us up from airport and then we will travel and stay in Hua Hin for 10 days and then we want to transfer for 3 weeks to Regent Cha am , they will then pick us up to take us back to Airport
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

albaker wrote:
dtaai-maai wrote:Have you asked them if they can stop en route from Bkk to HH?

hi thanks for reply .
Will be using a Bangkok based company who have wheelchair accessible vans ,they will pick us up from airport and then we will travel and stay in Hua Hin for 10 days and then we want to transfer for 3 weeks to Regent Cha am , they will then pick us up to take us back to Airport
I would try the hotel you are staying at in HH and ask them if they can provide/recommend somebody who can transfer you to Cha Am.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

If you do a search for Wheelchair Thailand they have just what you are looking for. They also have a FB page.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
albaker

Post by albaker »

Thanks , this is the company we will be using from airport to Hua Hin and from Regent Cha Am to airport .
To get them to pick us up from Hua Hin will cost 4500 baht !!!! as it would be classed as a return trip , they have to come down from Bangkok pickup us up , drop us off at Regent and then return to Bangkok < base > nothing wrong in this I would have done exactly the same with my courier company before I sold it / retired .
Thanks anyway for input .
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

deleted - misunderstood post.

....but the part I'll leave in is that when you get to Hua Hin, I would think you could do the short ride to Cha Am in the back of a pick up truck with someone in there with you to help stabilize things. I'm sure your Hua Hin hotel can find someone to help you, and perhaps more ideas coming from the forum here also in the coming days. Have a great holiday :thumb: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I have a 4 foot and a 3 foot folding ramp I could let you borrow. You would just need some local muscle to wheel them into a pick up or taxi.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Akamai Village Hua Hin is a development/resort specially built for the needs of disabled people.
I'm sure they have their own customised minibus - maybe you could give them a call.
albaker

Post by albaker »

thanks have looked and it would be brilliant but they have no availability in January/February 2014 .
thanks anyway .