Hua Hin to Pattaya

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
ttk
Novice
Novice

Hua Hin to Pattaya

Post by ttk »

I am going to visit Hua Hin or the first time next week. I think I have sorted out getting there using the airport bus. I arrive at midnight and have to wait 7 1/2 hours for the bus.

Getting to Pattaya on the 30th is still open: I searched for the boat but seems to not be an option any more.
1. Train to BKK and then transfer to bus or probably a taxi. I have read reports that the train is a LONG trip with AC coaches being hard to get.
2. Bus back to airport and then taxi
3. taxi all the way
I have been to Thailand many times but could use help as to ways to get to there.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Hua Hin to Pattaya

Post by Pagey »

Not done it myself but there was another thread on this saying take the bus back to the airport then the airport bus to pattaya.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

I am going from Hua Hin to Pattaya next year and looked into several solutions, and have decided to take a taxi all the way.

I contacted a lot of taxi companies, and was quoted prices from 3000 to 4150 baht for the trip.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

There is a service by mini-bus which leaves at 8.00am and 10.00 daily ( I think) and the cost is bht400. It is on Sra Song Road and from the fish market go towards the traffic lights and it is immediately on the right ( before the lights). I am told you need to book, I do not know anymore but am sure somebody will go and check it out
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

ttk wrote:I am going to visit Hua Hin or the first time next week. I think I have sorted out getting there using the airport bus. I arrive at midnight and have to wait 7 1/2 hours for the bus.

Getting to Pattaya on the 30th is still open: I searched for the boat but seems to not be an option any more.
1. Train to BKK and then transfer to bus or probably a taxi. I have read reports that the train is a LONG trip with AC coaches being hard to get.
2. Bus back to airport and then taxi
3. taxi all the way
I have been to Thailand many times but could use help as to ways to get to there.
If you rive in BKK at midnight, 7.1/2 hours is a long time to wait for the bus service, would you not consider paying 1800-2000 baht for a taxi and at that time of night, the journey to HH would only be about 2./2 hours?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Is the "big yellow bus" no longer running? I think it ran round trips between Chumpon and Pattaya and you could get off at any city. At least I read that somewhere last year.

edit: Here's some info... sounds cheap and easy with no changes of transport on the Yellow Bus. They actually go all the way from Rayong to Samui with stops in Pattaya and Hua Hin (that part of the trip being under 5 hours).

http://www.globaltravelmate.com/travel/ ... a-hin.html
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

PET wrote:There is a service by mini-bus which leaves at 8.00am and 10.00 daily ( I think) and the cost is bht400. It is on Sra Song Road and from the fish market go towards the traffic lights and it is immediately on the right ( before the lights). I am told you need to book, I do not know anymore but am sure somebody will go and check it out

SORRY CORRECTION -

It is on the same side as the market, just before the traffic lights and has a green roof and it is running as I just passed the place!
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Used the airport bus and its good but for ease just get in a taxi - 3500 is going rate for a nice car.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

It seems to me that to take the airport bus would be at least 5 hours and that allows for a good connection at the airport, so it could be a great deal more, whereas the mini bus would be about 4 hours. There is also the question of cost so if that is a problem there would be 3,100THB more available in Pattaya !

Anyway I have to go to Pattaya in the next day or so and will give the mini bus a go.
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Mini bus leaves Hua Hin to Pattaya every two hours from 6am takes 4-5 hours and not bad at all, exactly the same coming back.
Departs from Sa Song Road near to All In Hua Hin same side of road, can't miss it big signs at the shop

Easily the cheapest way but between Pattaya and HH
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali