VERY URGENT!!! Any cheap taxi from Bkk to Hua hin???

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
PeteC

Re: VERY URGENT!!! Any cheap taxi from Bkk to Hua hin???

Post by PeteC »

Nereus wrote:
prcscct wrote:Don't the Thai big buses still have bathrooms on them? The blue/white and before that the orange used to when I was using them. Pete :cheers:
Do you mean the horse drawn ones, Pete? :rasta: .........
Just about. They had wooden floors, seats and sometimes side panels as well, but they all had poopers, sometimes consisting of a hole out to the road. :shock: :laugh:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Nereus wrote:
prcscct wrote:Don't the Thai big buses still have bathrooms on them? The blue/white and before that the orange used to when I was using them. Pete :cheers:
Do you mean the horse drawn ones, Pete? :rasta:

What happened to the Airport Bus service? Has that folded up? :?
Im not in Hua Hin now, but 1 month ago they were still running and can't see why they should stop in the middle of the
high seasson.
Have used it 5 times and its cheap comfortable and theres a toilet on board, so if its match with youre flight, I can't see
why you wan't all the fuss with taxies, train or minivans, but that's me.
Have a safe trip and merry christmas and a happy new year everyone.

:cheers: :cheers:
Artilery
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Artilery »

If I was at the airport, that would be the way to go, but we are staying at Bossotel (near the river. Skytrain Saphan Taksin), so the southern bus terminal looks nearer than going all the way back out to the airport. I have heard buses run every 30 minutes from town, so we could go whenever we manage to get out of bed.
I guess you can just turn up and buy your ticket, unless it is a big holiday? Makha Bucha day is 4 days later, so I do not think that would affect us.
Regards, Art
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I neededt togo to bkk and the minibus kamakazi service did not appeal.I took the 9am bus from the bus station, VERY comfortable, very safe-feeling, only 2h 55min to the airport (305b) then took the airport link into Makkasan (65b)
By the way there is now a covered walkway from makkasan st to the MRT station.